Thursday, October 02, 2008

What Have We Been Up To?

On Monday, Lydia and I, yet again, went to the park. She loves it and can't get enough. It's a good thing it's free. But I need some help. Lydia is obsessed with driving. I'm sure she would do it all day if she could. Her b-day is in a few weeks and I want to get her one of those classic red and yellow plastic cars... but they are out of stock everywhere and to order them online would be about $75. I'm sorry but I'm not spending that much on a piece of plastic. So if any of you know where I can get that car for cheap, let me know. Until then, she'll just have to use my car!
Here are some park pictures...

Monday night, my friend Michelle took Lyd's and I out to dinner for our birthday's to The Dodo. They have the best chicken sandwiches and salads ever! It's our tradition and every time we get together, we always go there. Love you Michelle!
On Wednesday, my wonderfully, talented friend Lynette took us to Gardner Village to take some pics of the kids in their Halloween costumes (Lincoln's isn't done yet). And as you can probably tell, I took the first picture and Lynette took the adorable second pic of Lyd's. Thanks Lynette, you're the best!!!
I can't wait to see the rest...
And today, Lydia had a playgroup with a few of her cousins.

Elle is in town visiting from Denver, so it was nice to see her. And I must say, she is the most well mannered little girl I know, always saying please and thank you. And even when Lyd's was being a brat about the toys, Elle just went with the flow and was so sweet about everything. She even said, "Thanks for feeding me lunch!" What 5 year old is that polite?! What a gal!


We had a fun week and can't wait for the weekend!

10 comments:

Sammy Boy said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to spend $75 on plastic. I will keep my eye out for any of those cars. Just a suggestion, have you tried the DI or Kid to Kid? Those places can surprise you with the deals you can find.
I just put up a post about Olivia loving her hand-me-down car. We need to get these two together for a race!

Rivers and Monica said...

Lydia looks so cute in her costume. :) I must admit, there are definitely some things about having kids that I am so looking forward to. Dressing up for Holidays is one of them. Anyway, I hope you guys can make it to Frightmares at Lagoon with us on the 25th. We always have a lot of fun.

Nicole said...

Lydia and Kinnie are so similar. Lydia is such a big girl and I hope you have luck finding that car. My in-laws have that same car from about twenty years ago and Kinnie loves it, it has been through their kids and neighborhood kids and now Kinnie, it is a favorite and so durable!
Sounds like you had a great birthday sleeping in, lucky, and a GPS that is exciting. Lydia is so cute in her costume.

Clark Family said...

I know you already think I say sorry to much but that is not going to stop me from saying it again. I am sorry I was cranky and such a dud on Thursday. I promise next time you see me I will be the happiest person in the world. Thanks for coming over, we always love having you and Lydia over. Lets plan the zoo soon!!

Clark Family said...

P.S. Thanks to Jake for providing tickets to an exciting game. We owe him big time. We had such a blast and I loved watching him run around like a big red bear on the field waving his flag!

Margo said...

Lydia is so cute in her Halloween picture. So adorable.

TeamTyson said...

I know that some things I have ordered online from Wal-mart.com you can select the option of having it delivered to the store, and then they don't charge you shipping. I think it is called on-site delivery, and then the store calls you when it is in. I love a good shopping mission!

TeamTyson said...

I just realized that I copied your background! Sorry they don't have a ton of Halloween ones..I will keep looking, or we may be twin's for a season =)

TeamTyson said...

o.k. I changed my background! phew...crisis avoided =)

melynda said...

i have been looking for one of those cars too, let me know if you ever find one.