Sunday, October 26, 2008

Frightmares With the Fam!

We went with some of MY family that I have here in Utah (my wonderful Aunt, Uncle and cousins) to Frightmares on Saturday and we had SOOO much fun, I just love them! We've only recently reconnected, so it was nice to hang out with them for the day to get reacquainted!
Last time I went to Lagoon, Lydia wasn't having it and she wouldn't get on any rides...this time, she couldn't get enough. It was great!

Lydia had fun riding all of the rides with her second cousins Emily and Easton.


Lydia rode a couple "big kid" rides for the first time and she did great. I took her on the dragon roller coaster and when we went down the first hill she got the sad, pouty face and clung to me the rest of the ride, but the second we got off, she said, "Again" so I'm not sure whether she liked it or not!
The Flying Aces was so much fun and I didn't even know that ride existed. Apparently the Dukes do it every time they come and now I can see why! There are 10 planes and our family took up all 10 of them. It was fun that all of us were on the ride together...cheesy I know, but it's the little things, right?!
Here's the whole gang. My cousin Robert, the the 5th one from the right, went up on the stage of one of the shows to be hypnotized. I don't really believe in that kind of stuff but Robert seemed to be hypnotized and was doing all of these crazy things. The hypnotist told him that he was a rapper that only rapped gibberish and the next thing you know, Robert's up there dancing as a gibberish rapper. And Lisa said that Robert's not the type that would do those kinds of things without being a little embarrassed, and from what I saw, he was pretty into it! So maybe I'm a believer afterall, I'm still not sure!
We had a very fun day and we're so glad that you guys invited us along on your Annual Duke Lagoon Day!

On another note, Lydia had her 2 year check up last week and she did wonderfully. When she got her shot, she just stared in shock wondering what happend...no tears. And she let the doctor poke her and stick things in her mouth and ears with no problems. What a good baby girl :) Here's how she measured up:

29 lbs- 80th percentile

35.5 inches- 90th percentile

So if they're right in saying that you double your height from when you're two, Lyd's is going to be 5'9" like her mama!

7 comments:

melynda said...

glad you had fun with the fam! you look so beautiful in all your pictures. we need to go to lagoon this week before it closes.
do you want to go running tomorrow? i will call you.

Rivers and Monica said...

It was fun! I am glad that you guys came, and those golden bars/blondies that you made were awesome. I will need to get the recipe.

Rivers and Monica said...

Oh and one more favor, could you email me a copy of the group picture. email: mosely881@yahoo.com
Thanks

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a wonderful time at Lagoon - good times and way to go Lyd's on the rides! Big girl.
Glad she is healthy!

A and L Stapley said...

It was fun to have you guys there... and tell Jake thanks for sacraficing a day of sports to come join us! :) Keep me posted on when we are going to try to get all the girls together.

Ben and Ash said...

Oh Erin!! That pic of Lyd's in her costume is so so cute! I love it.

Frightmare's!!! I have never been!!! I so want to though. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time together.

Ben and Ash said...

BTW...I just left a comment on "Pumpkin Hunting."