Thursday, October 16, 2008

Days #2 and #3 of Lydia's B-day Week!

Day #2: Fireman's Park
So we were supposed to go to The Children's Museum BUT I forgot that I hadn't registered to vote yet, so I had to drag Lyd's up to Farmington to do that and by the time we were done, I didn't want to go all the way back downtown. So I called up my friend who knows ALL about the places to go to entertain kids, and she told me about this park. Lydia loves parks so it worked out just fine. And what do you know, she went straight for the steering wheel.
P.S. I never found a cheap plastic car, so I'll have to do it for Christmas!

Day #4: Tracy Aviery
Lyd's and I have never been here and I have no idea why, because it was so much fun. Lydia LOVES birds so she fully enjoyed herself. And it was fun to have Aunt Beash come along. Because of UEA, we got in free. Here we are feeding the Sun Conure's. They were so beautiful. Lydia kept trying to grab their tails though...they didn't like that too much :) We each got to hold a stick with an apple on the end and the birds landed on the stick and ate away!
Here's Beash helping Lydia feed the birds!
They just landed where ever, but Lydia didn't mind that they were on her back.


We went to the bird show and Leash got chosen out of the audience to be a volunteer. You can't really tell what's going on, but she used her arms as branches and the bird hopped from one arm to another eating the fruit out of her hands.
They had birds flying into the show from all directions. It was really fun to see.

Thanks Beash for coming. Although Lydia didn't act like it at first, she loved that you came with us. She loves her Aunt Beash :)

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

Todd and I have not registered to vote either. We wondered how to maybe we will have to have you tell us. We tried to do it online but no luck. You are so cute to do all this fun stuff. She will feel so loved on the week of her b-day when she is older and looks back.

Anonymous said...

most of the pictures were good choices but i still don't like the bird show one... you wouldn't consider erasing it! Ha ok...well what do you do.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Hello what a cool mom you are! I can't believe how pretty those birds are and how she got to hold them. How cool is that. We have got to go back!

The party was fun last night. Thanks for inviting us!