Yesterday we celebrated Lydia's second birthday and honestly, it feels like just last week we were celebrating her first. I can't believe how fast time flies on by. It was a very low key party, but we had a really good time together. As you know from yesterday's post, we started off her special day with the Tracy Aviery. Then we opened gifts after her nap and she will not put this stroller down. The second she wakes up in the morning she grabs the stroller, puts her bunny and her baby in and takes off pushing them all around the house. It's adorable.

Later that night we had a few family and friends over. My friend Lynette made Lydia this ADORABLE tutu. I think she said it took her 5 hours to make. Is it to die for or what? I can't wait to put her in dance class. Thanks again Lynette, it's gorgeous! And you're the best :)
.JPG)
I can't believe I'm telling this story, but whatever. Jake asked me to bless the food for the party so of course I did. As I was saying the prayer and thanking Heavenly Father for blessing us with Lydia I just started to cry in front of everyone. Before I broke completely down, I tried to pause and compose myself so noone would know, but no luck. I couldn't control myself, as I was overwhelmed with graditude. Hey, when the spirit hits you, it hits you right? But honestly, Jake and I truely are blessed to have this precious, little angel in our lives. She is such a sweet, polite baby girl (who's not our baby anymore). Although she can be a pain sometimes (but who isn't, you know what I mean?), I love her to death and would change nothing! We love you Lydia and hope you will one day understand how much.
.JPG)
Anyway, after the party we headed to the Rec Center for some swimming. We haven't gone at all this summer and I don't know why, because Lydia had a blast. She LOVED it (I've said that a lot this week haven't I?) and had a great time. Jake only swam for a tiny bit claiming that he didn't feel well. But I'm not stupid...the rec center has a huge tv and I knew that BYU was getting killed by TCU and Jake wanted to witness their defeat! Man, am I an understanding wife or what? Can I get some props? Thank you!
.JPG)
The Watts were the only ones brave enough to get in their swimsuits (minus prego Nettie, it's ok, all of us women understand). Thanks guys for coming. You're the best!
Happy Birthday Lyd's. Each year we love you more and more !
7 comments:
Looks like so much fun. Lydia is so cute when she smiles, and it seems like she is really friendly in front of the camera because she is always smiling. Sorry we missed it.
Happy Birthday Lydia!! It seems like just the other day you had her--time flies! (Thats right, I'm still alive, just a gigantic blog-slacker. I'm a bad friend...go ahead and yell at me) :)
Ooohhh I wished we could've joined you guys!! Looks like so much fun, I love swimming too.. You guys have the cutest family!!
Happy 2nd birthday Lydia! I love the tutu, you will have to post pictures of her in it... You're such a good mom, and i'm sure that she knows how much you guys love her!
Happy Birthday Lyd's glad we got to celebrate it with you! Glad you like the tutu - Sorry I made it so big! I will make is smaller - you are such a pretty girl and I do have to admit that when you started to cry I got teary eyed too! I blame it on being prego!
I am really sad we couldnt make it up for her birthday. I am glad that she had such a great one. We have her present ready and waiting. I have to come up to Salt Lake within the next week or so I will give you a call adn we should do lunch or something.
Sorry I'm late, Happy Birthday to Miss Lydia! Boy how time flies, She is adorable and you and Jake are such great parents. I can just see all the patience that you have with children, I feel as though, I'm always a wreck,lol. Is there going to be another lil one coming anytime soon???? Love to you all from Kansas !!! Go KU, that's for Jake!!
Post a Comment