Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Big Girl Bed and More Halloween Fun!!!

Before I begin my post, take a moment and take the awesome quiz that I've created. There are a couple trick questions, so think carefully :) Jake doesn't think anyone will get 100%, but that's only because he got 90% and he's ticked about it! And taking the test twice doesn't count, Jacob!
Ok, as you know, Lydia turned two last week and I wondered when I would make the transfer from crib to big girl bed. My doctor urged me to do it asap due to children getting broken arms from trying to climb out. Lydia has attempted this, so I knew it was time.
I got this adorable comforter at Target and the twin bed at Ikea. Lydia is so proud of her bed and LOVES it, especially the "jumping on it" part...until I tried to put her down for the first time in it.
I attempted to put her down for her first nap yesterday and she wanted no part of it. She climbed right out of bed and ran to the gate screaming (I thought we'd ease into shutting the door and just use the gate for now...baby steps). Anyway, she didn't want the bed, so she climbed out and was so tired from the screaming that she fell asleep on the floor. Needless to say, she didn't take a nap.
That night, it was time for bed and once again, she screamed bloody murder and ran to the gate. But after 20 minutes of crying, she slowly walked over to her bed, climbed in and fell right asleep and slept straight through the night. So I think it's going ok and I know it will only get better!
Well, it's Halloween season and we LOVE carving pumpkins so Lynette had the idea to get some friends together and carve our pumpkins together. So the Davies, Watts and Jones families gathered at our house and away we went on the carving.
Here are the finished products! Pretty good lookin' pumpkins if I do say so myself! I bet you can guess which one Jake's is :)
And tonight, Rod and Sue volunteered to take Lydia to Duck and Bird's Ward Halloween party (sure we'll crash it...who cares if we're not in your ward:) Here's Lyd's and her cousin the Incredible Hulk...
I LOVE Halloween and I'm so glad it's here. My family always has a fun costume party with a yummy dinner, games and contests...so I think I'll have to continue that tradition here in Utah next year :)

12 comments:

Veronica said...

OH MY GOSH!!! Could a little girl's room be ANY cuter???

Joey and Nettifer said...

I still can't get over how cute her room is! Love it and the bed spread is perfect! Glad she did ok - hope last night was even easier!

Thanks for the pumpkin carving night - way to much fun!

Don't you love how much the kids get to dress up - love it!

Emilee said...

I love her new bed, how fun. And the pumpkins look great. As for the quiz I actually stole it from my friend so I'm not the one with the cute idea either. HOpefully I will do good on your quiz. crossing my fingers

Emilee said...

Well I think I did okay considering. But that is funny that Jake didnt get 100%

Audrey said...

Lydia's room is so adorable!! Going to bed in her new bed will happen . . . it's a slow process. She'll probably sleep several nights on the floor before she gives in.

Good luck!

Marti said...

Lydia's room looks adorable! Oh so darling!!! And I love her little butterfly costume. Hallee's is from PBK...that store pretty much owns me! :)

Clark Family said...

I took your quiz and there were 2 questions that I knew the answer to but I was distracted by kids. Of course I know you have flown on airplane more than just your honeymoon and I knew Brinley was the other option for Lydia. So, my score was 60/100 - I know you better than what the quiz let on.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Lyd's bedroom looks so cute! Love the black and pink!!! She will get used to it..I am thinking Easton needs to get into a toddler bed soon too..ugh! I love your pumpkins!! Did you know I am allergic to them?! Seriously I break out into hives if I get near the guts! Call us!

Ben and Ash said...

Erin! Michelle is cheating on your get to know you quiz!!!

Yes, I have a village but it is pretty weak sauce. I only have two buildings, one tree and 3 trick or treaters. You should post your village on your blog so I can see.

Lydia's bedding is way cute...I love it.

Ben and Ash said...

BTW, the person who won first place carved a picture of Ross's face!!!! LAME!

Everyone else came in 2nd place so I might as well have come in DEAD LAST. C'mon people! If we're gonna have a competition, let's do it the right way!

Heather Jones said...

Thanks so much for letting us come carve pumkins at your house we had a blast. I love Lydia's room it is darling. I hope she will do good at sleeping in the big bed. I think thanks to Jordan seeing her's he has now slept in his three nights yea!! Thanks Jake for helping Ky's with her pumkin.

TeamTyson said...

Lydia's room is so cute! I STILL haven't moved Emry into a big girl bed. She is feeling pressure from lots of younger friends who are in big beds, but I know she won't take a nap, and she is the BEST napper. She has never tried to get out either. I love Lydia's costume, she is the cutest!