Sunday, October 19, 2008

How Many Activities Can You Cram Into Two Days?

Day #5 of Lydia's b-day week of fun,
Friday the 17th:
Hogle Zoo
Lydia always has lots of fun at the zoo, especially when she has people there to share it with. My friend, Becky, from Kansas (whom I haven't seen for probably more than 7 years) came with her two kids and of course you can always count on family to show up.
We had lots of fun on the train, talking and looking at animals. Lyd's and I stayed the longest...a record 4 hours. Doesn't Bird look pleased to be there with a bunch of kids and a few chatty women? You know I'm just messin' wich ya Bird!

As you look at the picture below, let me just say NO, I did not do anything crazy with my bangs, those darn trees make the weirdest shadows...perfect positioning though. When we saw this picture, we all had a good laugh! Thanks a lot Bird for not telling me that I looked all crazy and that your wife looked liked a ghost! That's the last time I have a guy take my picture :)
Kyler and Lyd's had fun feeding the swan and ducks.
We've never gone to the little park they have there and since we were there for so long, Lydia finally got to enjoy it!

Saturday the 18th:
I got up WAY early to get a massage with my friend Michelle...that's always a good time. Then at noon Lydia experienced something Jake has looked forward to seeing for years...Lydia's first Utah Football Game!!! When the game began and everyone cheered, Lydia couldn't stand all the noise and began to cry, which is weird because if you knew Jake's family, you'd know that they are about as loud as you can get. But sometime toward the end of the 1st quarter she started to get into it and cheered along with everyone else for the rest of the game! It just takes her time to warm up, she just so dang sensitive (like her mommy)!
Bones and Darcie came
and we invited our friends' the Watts to come.
Here's Lydia with her proud daddy and eating some VERY MESSY cotton candy with mommy!
Here's Beash holding Lydia pointing out Swoop the bird.
Swoop came up and tried to give Lydia 5 but she wasn't having any of that. She always cracks under pressure.

Later that night, we were invited by the Watts to go to Frightmares at Lagoon.
It is decorated so cute, we loved it. We're going again next weekend so I'm sure I'll take more pictures then.
I love it when Lydia gets all cuddly!
It was a crazy busy week and a wild Saturday filled with lots of fun activities and I'm so glad that we experienced them with our friends and family. Thanks to everyone who came this week to celebrate Lydia's b-day with us. You guys are the best. We love you all!

8 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun filled awesome saturday. Thanks so much for inviting us! Loved every minute - can I just say we love you guys!

Heather Jones said...

What a busy week you guys had. I was so sad we did not make it to the zoo. My sister in law came into town from Philly with her kids that day. I also had to watch my nephew. The girls were sad we did not go. It looks like Lydia had a great birthday. I've heard frightmares is great.

Clark Family said...

Wow, you did have a busy week. I am exhausted after reading all about it. I loved the crazy bangs and ghost pictures - it is hilarious. Also, Bird did have a good time even if he was the only guy at the zoo. Thanks for all the fun!!

danielle and jason said...

You guys look so cute in your Utah red! Sounds like such a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Erin Elizabeth, come on now, just because your hubby is a Utes fan doesn't mean you stray away from your home team,,, KU that is, hey I now live in Missouri but not a Mizzou fan.... Kansas runs through my blook lol just joking,, you guys all look so cute!

Anonymous said...

That was suppose to be blood not blook,,lol, what a great typist, I am LOL

melynda said...

happy birthday lydia! looks like you had a fun week, and game was warm.

Anonymous said...

Did you have to point out that i am the chubby one holding lydia. I was hoping to remian anonymus!