Here's the whole class before the program started. Lydia just LOVES preschool and is so sad that it's over until the Fall. She loves Miss Mary, loves her bff's Jordan and Brock and loves all the new friends she has made this year!
Lydia and Jordan were the ovals for the oval song.
Even though she loves to sing, she doesn't do it very much in front of people but as soon as it was time to dance, she jumped right in! She loves dance and seriously turns into a different person when dance is involved. I thank Miss Mo, her dance teacher, for that!
Miss Mary had each child get up and tell what their favorite field trip was. Lydia said, "My favorite field trip was the Discovery Center". And yes, she spoke like a baby once again!
Each child had a prop and Lydia stood up as a star when the kids sang "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star". They sang a bunch of nursery rhymes for the program. It was so cute! I made the star that morning and the paint was still wet. Being out of town until the night before her program was not the smartest idea, especially when I didn't look in her backpack until I got home from KS 12 hours before her performance. Whoops!
The babies did pretty well as us mom's watched the show. Jake couldn't be there but his mom was able to come so that was nice to have her help and to be there to support Lydia!
More dancing! She loves it!
I was so proud of her! She did everything she was asked to do for the program. We love Miss Mary and can't wait for her to start her second year with Bright Beginnings this Fall!
Lydia with Miss Mary and her friend Jordan.
Mary wrote a note about each child and this is what she said about Lydia:
"Lydia has evolved from a shy, reserved little girl to a leader in her class. She has always been respectful and encourages others to follow the rules. Lydia is very sweet. She is a hard worker and takes the time to do her best work. She is a loyal friend to Brock and Jordan and treats all with kindness. I am so glad for the chance I've had to get to know Lydia."
I'm such a baby and I cried when I read it thinking of my baby girl as an independent person who became a leader in her class. I also laughed when I read about how Mary put very nicely that Lydia "encourages others to follow the rules". In our house she is always reminding us very sternly to take our shoes off before we step on the carpet and to not say naughty things so I can only imagine what she did in class. LOL! Some would call that being bossy but Mary so kindly put it as a good trait! We love Miss Mary!
They had class pictures taken a few weeks ago. My scanner still isn't hooked up to my laptop so all you get is a picture of the picture for now! We are so happy that Lydia loves school and Mary is right, Lydia has grown so much this past year and I'm so happy that she is coming out of her shell more and more. She's still my super shy girl...and I'm totally ok with that!!! We love you Lydia! Congrats on your graduation of preschool, year one! I also have to point out that the best friend that Lydia made this year was Sophie (the girl in the orange right next to her). She talks about her all the time and I hope they pick up where they left off when school starts again!
Later that night Jake and I went to see Les Miserables at Capitol Theater. When I heard it was coming, I immediately called my SIL Ducka so we could get tickets and take our husbands for a night out! Jake's not a huge fan of artsy things but he'll indulge me if it's something I really want to do with him.Beside the fact that we couldn't hear much of what they were saying (we were up in the nose bleeds and we've decided that voices don't travel very far in that theater), it was an amazing show. Thank goodness Ducka gave us a quick synopsis so we weren't completely lost.
I LOVED Jean Valjean's voice. He was amazing and the music was phenomenal. It seriously was some of the best music I've ever heard. The combination of the lyrics, melodies and voices made for some pretty perfect songs and the orchestra was incredible also. Thanks honey for coming out with me. I just LOVE the theater!



6 comments:
You need to get the Les Mis CD...love it! Bird and I have been listening to it since Thursday. I can't stop singing the songs. Join me and we can have a duet.
Good job lyd's. So glad she loves preschool so much! What a cutie! Love her dance moves!
Love les mes! What a fun date night! Didn't you love how
John jumped off the bridge and made it look like he was falling forever as they pulled the bridge up!!! Incredible play. Glad you got to go! The music is amazing. I listen to it all the time.
We can't wait for Miss Mary either (Berklie is going to her next year). Glad that Les Mis was good we go next week, can't wait!!
Way to Lydia!! She got up there and did her part, that's more than enough even with a baby voice. I have to agree with the things her teacher said, she really is a sweet friendly girl and when she comes over to play she makes sure Brielle follows what I tell them not to do, haha! Love her!
What an awesome date to go see the play. We have never seen it but heard its one of the best. By the way I love that picture of you and Jake, you look BEAUTIFUL!
We will see you tomorrow, whatever the day brings it will be fun, hehe!
Cute graduation! Odd question...where was it? Looks like a court room or something.
I am dying to see that play. Fun that you got to go. And is it totally rude of me to point out that Jake is looking really slim these days?? Way cool.
The I kids were so dang cute, I love how cute lydias voice! What a cute note I loved that she did that for us. So fun u got jake to take you to the play. I love that one and think todd would if he gave it a shot. Maybe we could find a good one and they would go together with us!
Post a Comment