I just love the visits to my family in Kansas; they are always so laid back and fun. We go from house to house, party to party, chatting with everyone and catching up.
And a trip to Kansas wouldn't be complete without tornado warnings! The sirens only went off once where my mama lives in Olathe and there was a big storm cell headed our way but we were on the very edge of it so I wasn't too worried. We were there when the horrible tornado hit Joplin but that town is over two hours away so I always felt safe. If Jake were there though, he would have been FREAKING out! I guess that's the difference between a native and an foreigner! Haha!
I was really nervous about taking the kids by myself since Nate was a wild man on the plane on our Disneyland trip. I wasn't sure if I could handle him with patience. If you know Nate, you know that he NEVER sits still and is the wiggliest baby EVER!I guess my prayer worked because Nate just sat on my lap the whole time and didn't move a muscle. Thank goodness! They were both awesome on the layover and just played and crawled around. It was the same on the flight back home. Perfect angels. The Lord was seriously blessing me because I was alone (Jake couldn't come) so he gave me a break and the kids were calm and of course, Lydia was an AMAZING helper!
We got in and did dinner with my brother and his family. Lydia and Levi picked up right where they left off! They love each other so much!
The next day we headed to my grandparents house to visit. They haven't seen Nate since he was a few months old so it was fun to see them interact this time. They were eating Nate's sweetness right up. Nate smiles at everyone and this was no exception.
Grandpa had Cheetos and Nate was all about that! He kept trying to steal the whole bag.
As we were leaving, Grandpa came out with a letter opener (haha) and had a rose cut from his yard to give to Lydia. I thought that was so sweet!
On Thursday we went to my Aunt Becky and Bobby's for dinner. We always have fun with them. Thanks for having us over you two. We love you! You are the best! Lydia always gets so excited to see them and to play with their dogs and bird!
My brother and his wife celebrated their ten year anniversary while we were there so it worked out perfect to have their kids over to Grandma Frandsen's for a sleepover! They had so much fun together all day Friday and Saturday. The weather was rainy on Friday so we headed to the mall to play.I love how Nate wouldn't stop staring at the alien.
At one point in our car ride home, Lydia was singing an original (as usual) and Levi was accompanying her with his beat boxing skills. It was hilarious to listen to; a four and five year old in their own little band! So cute!
That afternoon the weather cleared so we went for a walk by the lake and found some geese with their babies!
We asked the kids if they were having a fun day and they said "This is the best day ever!!!!" This just proves you don't need to spend lots of money and do fancy things to entertain kids; just being together playing was good enough! I loved watching them all day! It was so much fun to see them having such a good time!
Since I was coming out so close to Mother's Day, I had mom's gift from all of us sent to her house and it came on Saturday morning. We love the Willow people so we got mom a statue of a Grandmother with her grandchildren: Levi, Lydia, Cabot and Nathaniel. You just keep adding grandchildren every time a new one enters the family! I found a website that groups together different willow people to fit the needs of all types of families! I have never thought to do that! I think it turned out wonderfully. Happy Mother's Day Mama! You have always been an amazing Mother so I knew you would be the same type of Grandmother! You always have fun things planned for the kids and I love that you're one of those Grandma's that gets down and plays with the kids! Love you mama! You're the best!
Saturday we went outside, played ball, blew bubbles and had a picnic. We headed in and the kids had fun creating new things with the toys!
It was amazing to me how well Lydia and Levi got along. They did not fight or argue one time. Their personalities must match perfectly. It was wonderful! I knew I never had to worry about them getting along. And maybe it helps that they never see each other so they know they need to make the best of their time together. LOL!
Chasing bubbles was so much fun for them.
That same day, we headed to Target to get a picture of all nine great grandchildren for my Grandma Seymour for her b-day next month (I'll post when I get it). Afterward I thought I'd get a picture of my mom with all of her grand kids!
I always forget how green KS is. This is just a random spot at my mom's house in the parking lot and the back round turned out beautifully. I just love big trees!!!!
Every month, my family gets together to celebrate the b-days for that month and they thought they'd throw Nate's June b-day in there as well since we won't be here next month! My aunt got him this fun play center!
I just love my cousin Melissa. We've always had this special bond. We grew up hanging out ALL the time and I think that bond just stuck despite our living 1000 miles away from each other!I have a really small family with only three cousins and when we were little we had a picture taken of us together so as often as we can, we get back in that same pose and this time it will be framed (before and after) for my Grandma! Man we've grown!
Nate will be one next month! I can't believe it! My mom got Nate his own little cake to destroy. We sang to him and he went to town. He was confused at first and the whole process was pretty slow but he enjoyed the frosting!
He always does that with his hands when he wants to touch something but is hesitant at first!
Dalton asked if he could get his face all messy since he wasn't doing it himself! Sure, why not?!
That night we went swimming. The water was freezing but Lydia was trying so hard to have a good time even though her teeth were chattering!
This is how she stood a lot of the time. She wanted to swim so badly and didn't want to give in to the coldness of the water. She eventually did and after about 45 minutes, we headed back home!
On our last full day, we headed back to my Grandma and Grandpa's to visit one last time! Some birds decided to make a nest on her porch so that was fun to watch. In the pic you can see the two babies waiting for their food!
Nate got a hold of Great Grandma's hand and starting biting it so that smile of hers didn't last long! Haha! She kept yelling every time he bit her but she kept letting him do it! What a Great Grandma!
I just love this woman!
That night we got together with my brother's family again at Loose Park for FHE then headed to Yogurtini afterward (it's like Yogi Berri or Yogurt Stop)! Very yummy! Everyone loved the swings apparently!
Nate had his first experience on the swings and he was LOVING it! He smiled the whole time and he was barely moving! It was so fun to watch him!
We found a spot and David took some pics of the grand kids so we could get a more updated one for my mom! I love them! And it helps that Loose Park is such a gorgeous place!
This was such a fun trip and I'm so happy we could spend so much time together! The flights home were amazing and Nate spent most of his time flirting with the ladies! He'd crawl up to different women, snuggle them, flash a smile then walk away. He repeated that process quite a few times. Everyone around us was laughing. Oh boy, am I in for it in the future!
Thanks for the good times family! We love you so much!
















3 comments:
It looks like you enjoyed everyday to the fullest! You did so much and totally spent it with all your family. I bet everyone fell in love with Nate he is too sweet, and that smile will melt anyone to pieces.
Lydia got to play so much with her cousin, which by the way are extremely handsome boys! You can totally tell she has a special bond with them. Brielle is the exact same way with her cousin they dont see each other too often but when they do its like no time has passed, love it!!
I am sooooooo glad Nate was good on the flight, phew I was worried for you. I on the other hand will probably have a horrible experience with Mathias on our next long flight, hehe! Glad your home safely and that you stayed out of the tornados way :)
What a fun trip! I am so glad they were good on the plane. There is nothing worse then bad kids on a flight. So great that Lydia loves her cousins and got to play so much. I am glad you were safe and did not have a tornado! I love nate and his cake so funny! I hope Braylon goes nuts on his! He is a little flirt so cute! Gald u r back and yes I am all for boondocks!
Yeah for such a wonderful relaxing fun filled trip. Seriously so wonderful you got so much family time! I can't get over how much those cute cousins look the same and your grandma is so precious! She is beautiful!
Nate is such a flirt I love how he is flirting with all the ladies on the plane. And thank the maker for him being such a good boy. I am glad your trip went so well and you got to hang out with your mama! i love her! She is just so sweet!
Post a Comment