Since I was pre occupied planning/packing our Disneyland trip, we didn't have time to do much to celebrate Easter so we did it all the week after we got home! We had fun doing crafts, coloring Easter eggs and having a couple of fun FHE's.
I've always heard about the 12 eggs thing that you do which is the story of Jesus' resurrection but I've never done it so last Monday I hid 12 eggs and as Lydia opened them we read the story! The empty 12th egg represents Christ's resurrection.
Then we watched Lamb of God and Lydia was very concerned about the way He died and she was scared that that was how she was going to die. We assured her that wouldn't happen and for the next two days she told that story to her pretend friends. At least I know she picked up some of what we taught her!
On Friday night our friends invited us out to play laser tag. When we went last time they gave us a bunch of two for one coupons and we had so much fun that we of course jumped at the chance to play again.
Before the game, the guys had to kill some time!
We tried taking our cameras in this time but all the fog made for some really crappy pictures. I don't think Heather and Anabel got the memo to look tough when you're holding a gun! :)
Here's Anabel trying to tag someone as she hid in her bunker! Don't let that smile fool you! She was mean in there this time....don't tick her off or she'll take you down.
Heather just celebrated her b-day so we thought we'd embarrass her by singing to her. At Laser Quest they blow TP all over you. She hated the attention but we loved watching it :) Happy Birthday Heather and thanks for putting this night together!!Thanks for hanging out guys! We always have so much fun with you!!!!
To make a long story short: when we got home from laser tag we realized earlier that we hadn't noticed Larry jumping all over the baby sitter when she came over but that's normal in the winter because Larry hates the cold so he sleeps upstairs A LOT. So we thought that he was just napping and we didn't really think anything of it! But when we got home at 9pm, Larry was nowhere to be found. So we figured out that Larry had been missing since about 4pm. He could've been ANYWHERE at this point.
We texted our friends just telling them to keep a lookout and what do you know, they all jumped in their cars and started searching with us! We seriously have the greatest friends ever. Thank you so much for dropping whatever you were doing and helping us find our boy! Thanks so much Todd, Joe, Ashley and Michelle for being so kind and driving/walking around in the snow and freezing cold!! You'll seriously never know how touched I was!
As I was driving home from Michelle's house at midnight, and pulling into our cul de sac after 3 hours of driving around, I had the thought pop into my head to drive one more time just around our ward boundaries. Just as I was looking down the last street, I see Larry being walked by one of our neighbors that I've never met before. He was walking him one last time before they went to bed. They were going to keep him until morning and then make fliers to send around. I couldn't believe it!
I'm so grateful to the perfect timing of it all or as I call it, answered prayers...because we sure said a lot of them! We're glad to have him home; muddy and all!!
Lydia had her first dance competition of 2011 on Saturday, April 30th and it went so well! She practiced a ton before and was so happy that she got to be a princess for her dance! She loves Snow White so it was quite the treat for her!
If you know Lydia you know that she is SUPER shy so to see her shaking it on stage, with no inhibitions and all of the confidence in the world is really a special thing!
She was being so silly as I was taking her pictures before we left for the performance.
They danced to the "Heigh-Ho/Someday My Prince Will Come" remix! It was adorable!
They start the song off with a pyramid trick! Her and her cute cousin Lizzy were partners as the base of the pyramid. It's so fun to see them dance together! Too bad her other BFF Brielle was on the other side of the stage!
I love that I got her leap! There's that tongue again (so much concentration)! Nice Jump Lyd's.....you really got some air!!!The final pose!
We are so proud of you Lydia! You did an AMAZING job! I just LOVE watching you dance! As a team, Lydia's group took second place! Woo Hoo! Way to go girls'!!!!
To my fam: I posted the video on the post below if you want to watch it!












4 comments:
SOOO much fun for real! Thks for gettting it started we are all going to be tagg addicts now hehe! I am so glad u guys found Larry we were all worried. That was the first thing the kids asked about when they woke up the next day! Thankgoodness for nice people who watched out for him and kept him warm.
scary about larry! Glad you found him. Love the neighborhood we live in!
Lyd's was so cute and funny with her dance! Way to go Lyd's! and those costumes are so stinking cute!
Way fun with laser tag. Sad we missed it twice!
Oh my gosh! I love the pictures of Lyds in her costume, GORGEOUS GIRL!!! She looks beautiful, wow. It was a fun competition although if we do the same one next year we better get there earlier and get closer seats, it was packed.
Laser tag was fun! Sorry you got to hear me get upset but we will laugh about it forever now, haha! Man my picture is too funny, so dorky, hehe! We better learn some tips from Heather she is the laser queen.
I am soooooo glad you found Larry, that was super scary and sad. Such a close call.
You guys totally did so many Easter crafts, way to go. No wonder it took you days, mine were so simple we got them done quickly. I'll see you in a little bit, love you!
Love your Pics!!! Lyds you are amazing!! Love you!!
Post a Comment