Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day 2011 and Lydia's Preschool Field Trip!


(I already posted this but somehow the whole entry got erased so this is me re posting it!!!).

After our trip to Boise, the love continued for Mother's Day.  Jake helped Lydia make the absolute cutest card ever made for me.  It was adorable.  I'll for sure be keeping that FOREVER!

Then Jake, of course, took care of me by getting me some vegan cupcakes.  And yes folks, they were as good as they looked!  Yummy!  And I finally get to go on a very overdue shopping spree with a gift card they got me.  Thanks kids for the wonderful gifts!
I'm so grateful to be a mother!  I love it all...even the bad stuff!  I'm so happy to have a husband who is amazing at what he does which allows me to be at home, raising them all the time.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  We are so blessed!

Sunday night we got together with family and Jake snapped this picture of all the mamas there with his phone!  Happy Mother's Day to the one who showed me how to do it all.  I think my mama is one of the best out there and I'm so lucky to have her as my example of what a good mother is!  I love you Mama!
Today, Lydia went on her last field trip of the school year!  They went to the Discovery Center.  Aimee and I took Brock, Jordan and Lydia and they had so much fun!  This was Nate's first time there and he's actually the perfect age.  He would've stayed in the 3 and under section forever if he hadn't fallen and slammed his poor ear on a hard, wooden cubby hole so hard that it caused instant blood to gather under his skin!  Poor baby!

I think Lydia had a really fun time.  She said her favorite part was the house and the store but the only picture I got was with my phone and on the horse!  Besides the horrible crowd and Lydia's huge meltdown, it was a successful trip!  She loves Brock and Jordan....I just wish she wasn't going through this defiant stage!  Yikes, I hope it ends soon!!!!

6 comments:

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH THOSE CUPCAKES LOOK DELISH!!!!!!!!! I swear I just looked at your blog one hour ago and there was nothing new, then I saw on Angie Fox's blog that you had updated.. LOVE IT!!! I'm turning into you!! A BLOG STALKER (laughing)!!!! Could your baby be cuter, seriously?? I wanted to smoosh him so badly tonight when I saw him!!! His eyes are mesmorizing!!!!
Are you going to the lagoon performance? It's gonna be another gosh dang party, right!! (smile). Love ya, honey!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

love those yummy cupcakes! Who would have thought VEgan! Amazing!
You are a good mama!
Love Discovery Gateway and my favorite room the 3 and under :) You can sit! While they play. GOod times! What a fun field trip

Clark Family said...

Seriously, those cupcakes are vegan? I could have eaten that entire box in one sitting. I was a little caught off guard by the SIL picture. I forgot that I was holding Eliza and for a moment, I had a slight baby hungry craving. Don't worry, I am not going to act upon it like I would with those cupcakes - throw all will power out the window :).

Heather Jones said...

I could have eatten all those in one sitting also so good! I want the oreo one! Glad u had a great mother's day! Thanks so much for letting jordan tag along,hopefully next year I will have this five kid thing down better and can make it to early morning feild trips!! Since both my kids will be in mary's school I should make it to a few right!

Bel said...

Happy Mother's DAY!! Those cupcakes look so good, you would never know they are Vegan! Jake always spoils you, what a great hubby :) We have been wanting to go to the Discovery Center, that place is great, looks like Lyds and Nate had so much fun. I can't believe he is old enough to play with the stuff there, yikes he is almost 1 yr!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Nate is going to be an awesome wrestler when he grows up! He is going to be able to hold his own with his pro of a sister.
Yeah for Wheeler Farm we love that place!