For Mother's Day, Ducka and I were treated with tickets to see Wicked up in Boise. We've wanted to see it for so long so we were excited that we finally got to go!!!
We drove all afternoon on Friday, checked in our hotel, went to dinner then headed to the show on the BSU campus!
The backdrop was so cute of the Land of Oz with Emerald City in the center.
The build up and hype of the show was so huge and everyone told us how amazing it was that we were actually a tad bit let down; just a tad though. Don't get me wrong; it was a really good show but I guess we expected more because of everyone telling us how much we were going to love it. I must say that the second act was a million times better than the first, so that was nice to end on a high note! It didn't help that the person playing Glenda had the suckiest voice EVER! But the Wicked Witch was AMAZING so that made up for it! Although it wasn't what we expected, I really am glad we drove up to see it.
On Saturday we slept in until 10am (holy cow!!), worked out, then treated ourselves to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory. Unfortunately we had a waiter that was brand new so we were there for almost two hours so we got home a lot later than planned.
We headed back on the road and decided that we really didn't take any pictures on this trip so we got out of the car and took some pictures of the scenery that we stared at for 10 hours.
Then we thought, let's just take a bunch of silly pictures. The people driving by must have thought we were nuts but we were laughing and having fun so we didn't care!!! :)
Ducka and I had SOOO much fun together, talking NON STOP with no interruptions. I love that we get along so well! It was a fun mini girls' trip! Thanks for hanging out Ducka! Good times for sure!
5 comments:
What a fun trip! For some reason I thought you were in Vegas, haha! Wrong direction, lol. I am glad you guys had a great time and sorry the show wasn't quite as good as you guys had hoped. I totally know what thats like, those darn expectations can totally get you. The Georgia Aquarium was like that for me, still totally cool and unique but I had expected too much.
Oh you guys are totally silly taking pictures by the roadside. See what happens when I am not with you... Just admit it you need me otherwise you forget to take a million pictures of every little thing, hehe!
SOO jealous I have wanted to see that for years! Now I will make sure my expectations are not too high! Looks like a blast love ur goofy pictures! Also I will have to take the kiddo's to the bom exhibit for family night sometime looks like they would love it!Sorry u were a little let down!
Oh Goodness!! I thought you were going to approve some of those pictures by me :) Too bad we didn't take more pictures but we were busy chatting our lives away. That was such a fun trip! I almost wish we would have stayed until Sunday morning and then I could have gotten my pedicure. Next time!!
I Love that you guys took those fun pictures together! What a fun road trip! I am glad that the play ended up being good after all. Good times for sure!
HIGH-larious!! SO something I would do. Forget to take pictures of the trip, then stop and take random pics to remind yourself that you went somewhere (laughing). I just love you, Erin!!
I have never seen Wicked. As soon as the copyright laws come available, I will be directing it at LPA high, for sure... I am also afraid that the build up will leave me a little let down. At this point I will just wait and direct it, then I won't be left wanting (laughing)
P.S., you look BEAUtiful in these pics... Could you be more photogenic??
Post a Comment