To know that all four of Lydia's grandparents are worthy temple recommend holders is such a wonderful thing. It's nice to see the great example they are for their children and grandchildren. Here's Jake and dad coming out after our session at the Draper Temple.
My father, after 18 years of not going to the temple just proves to anyone who's given up that it doesn't matter how old you are, how many mistakes you've made, what trials you've been given in your life or how far you've gone in the wrong direction...it's NEVER too late to make that change. In my dad's eye, juse one short year ago, it was just "too much work for this old man" but all that changed when he felt the spirit again and made it back inside those glorious temple walls.
I am so proud of my father for making the decisions he's made over the past year. Our relationship hasn't always been a close one but I am so happy we've reconnected and that he chose Jake and I to be the ones to go through the temple with him again. Seeing my dad make those covenants to the Lord and to see him walk into the Celestial room was a feeling I know I'll never forget. He was beaming with the spirit and I couldn't be happier for him. It's been a long road but he finally found his way back and that's what matters.
The very first temple dedication my dad ever went to was the Draper Temple dedication and so for sentimental reasons, he chose this temple to be the first he goes through :)
I love you dad and I couldn't be happier for you. Sometimes it takes a lot to wake a person up and that was definitely your story. It's wonderful to see you happy again.
We had a nice two day visit while he was here and we were glad he could come up to visit and go through the temple. Of course, Lydia finally warmed up to him on the last day but with time, that gap will get smaller and smaller. We love you dad and we are so proud of you and 
I love you dad and I couldn't be happier for you. Sometimes it takes a lot to wake a person up and that was definitely your story. It's wonderful to see you happy again.THANK YOU
for being such a great example of strength and faith for our little girl. I look forward to seeing the relationship between you and my little family grow.
5 comments:
That is so darn awesome!!! I'm so happy for your family :)
yeah for your dad and how happy for your family! He looks so good Erin! I am glad you got to be there for him.
Love all the pics of the temple. What a cool picture of the temple with the dark sky behind.
I am so glad to see pic's of such a special event!! I just love your dad, he stopped by and visited for a bit with Jenny, and I just love hearing his laugh..He truly does seem happier! What a life changing experience!! Love you!
Its amazing what some people have to go through to realize what is most important. I know that the last time I saw your dad and visited him he seemed like a changed man and talked a lot about his truggle and his testimony. He is a great man! This post almost brought me to tears... love your dad!
Yea I am sooo happy for you Erin to be able to see your dad back in the temple. That must have been such a humbling and emotional experience for you. Love your pictures of the temple so beautiful. I love the picture of you, Lydia and your dad on the swing so precious.
Post a Comment