Thursday, June 18, 2009

Naughty, Naughty, Naughty!!!

Oh boy, Lydia has definitely been giving me a run for my money lately. She has been so naughty and I don't know if it's her just being a girl or the fact that she may be in her terrible two's. I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it's driving me nuts. She has had so much attitude lately, it's scary!! And she's really been doing naughty things...things she's never done before.

I put her down for a nap the other day and I heard something weird so I went in and checked on her and this is what I saw...her sitting and walking on top of her dresser like it was the normal thing to do.
And the scariest thing she's done lately...well, here's the story.

When she wakes up in the morning, she always comes in my room and wakes me up. But one morning I woke up on my own and thought it was great that she'd slept in so long. If only. Lately she's been trying to climb out the doggie door so I thought that was what she had done. So I went downstairs and what do I see? Lydia running around outside with Larry in her pee-filled diaper and pj's!! Ahhh! Who knows how long she had been out there.

Here she is stuck in the doggie door. I thought I'd try and teach her a lesson that it's not fun to use that door and that she needs to use the human door. Did it work? Not so much!

Later that same morning I was upstairs and hadn't heard her so I figured she went outside or in the garage (yet another place she shouldn't be by herself). So I went downstairs to look for her and couldn't find her anywhere. Not outside, in the closet, garage, laundry room, etc...I was starting to get worried so I started yelling for her then I faintly heard her voice yelling for me to find her. Oh, no she didn't. I'm frantically looking for her and she's playing a game. So I start screaming for her to come out because I have no idea where she is and it's freaking me out. She could be stuck or hurt. I kept looking and looking. Come on people, my house is tiny, it shouldn't be that hard. So as I'm searching all over I run into the laundry room again and see her blond hair sticking out of THE DRYER!!! Really? The dryer. I was just so happy to find her and see that she was ok, I just calmly said get out and told her to never go in there again.
On Monday, we went to family night at Thanksgiving Point for animal night. Lydia got an adorable butterfly balloon, a craft (piggy nose) and they had a petting zoo. The zoo was pretty lame due to the fact that they only had 2 animals. In this pic she really is petting something, her favorite thing, a bunny! It's black and blends in with the shadows.
It was fun to get out and it's always nice to find things to entertain Lydia!

6 comments:

Bel said...

Wow so scary you could not find her!! She is definitely giving you a run for your money. Bri is almost 3 and starting to get over her terrible two's. Unfortunately with this new baby coming who knows how she will react. TP looks like a lot of fun, the kids love it. Glad we are finally blogging, great way to stay in touch :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

my heart be still! not our "precious"? we just love her! She really isn't that bad!

nice pig noses! it made me laugh!

Veronica said...

Ha ha ha!! Okay, not funny really, but it's so cute. I love how she is just laughing at you in that piacture on her dresser. So naughty!

You know we have NEVER been to TP. NEVER! I am always jealous of y'alls great pics from there. One of these days I'll have to take my kids out that way.

Heather Jones said...

Soo sorry, but glad to know other peoples two year olds are bad also! The dryer is pretty scary though! I tell you somedays you love them and others you try not to kil them hehe!! J.k.

Marti said...

Oh my goodness! What a little stinker! I hate that feeling of not having your kids respond when you are calling them. Oh how nerve wracking until you find them! It's hard to imagine that sweet little face so mischievious- though I have one of my own...so cute, so clever, so sneaky!

Sammy Boy said...

Oh how I love to hear that I am not the only one with naughty girls. I think it is definitely a phase and she is learning where the line is and how far she can push it. Good luck, hopefully it is a short phase.