RUNNING!!!
It is definitely one of my greatest passions right now. I became a runner last year and was so excited for this summer to be able to start running again. And when the opportunity arose for me to run this half marathon I got so pumped about it. And a bonus, I got my friend Lynette in on it too.
Stretching is such a relaxing part of my post run and Lydia has really taken to it. Every time I come home, she HAS to lay down and stretch with me. I find that absolutely adorable!!!
Lately, I've just had this feeling that I must be a good example to Lydia in the health department. I consider myself a pretty healthy person; I'm at my ideal weight, I eat right and I exercise...BUT I still have high cholesterol. Why? Bad genes. With high cholesterol you can only do so much. I've got tons of heart disease in my family and I really feel I must do everything to show my children how to live a healthy lifestyle without going too overboard. Nearly 1 in 3 children and teens are obese or overweight. That is so scary to me. So running is something I've found and I'm so glad I found it. You just have to make the time for yourself and not feel guilty for leaving your husband and children for 2 hours to go work out. You must take care of yourself first and hopefully that example will be followed by your children.
Also, Jake has done awesome in his training for the St. George marathon. He's already lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks. I'm so proud of him. As some of you may remember, he started a blog and he FINALLY updated it. So please check it out here. It is so hilarious the way he writes things so you have to read it.
We love TP and I'm so glad we got a pass there. We'll be going a lot this summer!!!
7 comments:
UGH! You are motivating me. I know I dropped the ball on my weight loss last year (dang that plateau effect) but Cody and I decided today that this Novemeber we're going to get back in shape together. It's so much easier when you have a buddy! You are awesome!
I haven't commented lately but have had good intentions. Just don't have much time. Anyway, congrats on the singing opportunity - you will be awesome. I am jealous you get to run but glad you are loving it. It really is such a good workout. I can't wait to start running again. Hopefully on our girls trip - we will see how the foot treats me. Oh, also the deck looks awesome, the temple experience is very neat, flying a kite looks like fun, love your new watches and Lyida is a doll in the sprinklers. I hope I covered it all. You are a peach!!
So what 1/2 are you running? Randon and I just ran the Ogden 1/2 and it was a blast. I think we are going to do the Top of Utah 1/2 Running is my passion as well. Too bad I can't get my food addictions under control and look like you!
Sarah is coming to my house the last week of June and will be there until July 5. Anyway we should go to T.P. My kids always love going there.
Hello there running buddy! Can't wait to run tonight!
Way to be example to more then just your family! You are an awesome example to me too!
Thanks for going to TP! Love it!
Your lucky your husband and child let you leave for 2 hours. I can only dream of that. Good job on being healthy.
Okay girl can you be my personal trainer??? Please!!! You look so good and way to go to workout and be healthy. I so need to follow your example I just have to do it right? BTW This Thursday I have my first appt with the Eager study that you told me about with Sue. I know we just want to be prego before the end of the year so we shall see. Thank you so much for being such a great exmaple to me to get me back into shape.
Post a Comment