Monday, June 29, 2009

Erin Go Braugh!!!

Rewind the clock a couple of years...

My mom has ALWAYS wanted to go to Ireland. It's a gorgeous country, that's where our ancestors are from and it just seems like the perfect vacation. Anyway, 2 years ago, we decided that for my mom's 60th b-day and mine and Jake's 30th b-days (we're almost exactly 30 years apart) we would go to Ireland. Well, those 2 years came very quickly and we have our big b-days this fall so we knew our big vacation wasn't going to happen...it just came too fast.

Fast forward to present day: Jake works for a company called ADP and if you meet your quota, at the end of every year they take you on a huge trip. Well, it just so happens that this year on our 30th b-day year the big trip is to IRELAND. This is meant to be right? When they announced that this was where it was this year, I just knew it was fate that we were supposed to go there. Well, Jake has to make President's club first!!! He told me that if he makes President's Club he'll let me know that we're going to Ireland by giving me an "Erin Go Braugh" shirt. I've always wanted one because my name is Erin and I'm Irish. How fitting right?

Well, last week was the end of his year. After a long, hard year of working his butt off, did Jake make it?
I finally got my shirt and I couldn't be happier. We're going to Ireland. I've never been out of the country and I'm so excited. I can't even tell you how hard Jake worked for this. What an amazing man he is. I honestly couldn't believe it when Jake told me we had made it to Ireland. I just started crying because as the end of the year approached, he kept telling me the chances of us making it were very slim. And literally at the last minute, he found out that he made it.

We surprised my mom by making her a 60th birthday video. She knew we were doing a trip for her b-day but she had no idea that we were planning on taking her to Ireland if Jake made President's Club. Here's the video I made for my mom if you want to see it. Just pause the music to the right...

It all just came together and I am THRILLED beyond belief and I owe it all to Jake of course. ADP can be a hard company to work for and if there is anyone that deserves a paid vacation, it's Jake. Congrats honey! We love you. Our trip to Ireland is dedicated to our friend Sam Checketts who never got a fair shot at ADP. We'll be thinking of you Sam!

12 comments:

H&HJohnsen said...

That video was totally AWESOME!! I am crying!! I am so glad that you guys get to go!! You all deserve it. Yeah for Ireland!!

Audrey said...

How fun! Congratulations on your trip to Ireland! What a sweet gift to give your mom for her birthday!

Margo said...

What an AWESOME video you totally deliver. Jake really worked hard he is definitely the best husband ever. Yea!! I am soooo happy for you guys. Ireland!!! I can't wait to read all about your trip. You are definitely the best daughter a mom could ask for. Happy 60th birthday to your Mom!!!

melynda said...

yay you did, congrats jake!! that video was so cute, i bet your mom is so grateful. have fun, i am so jealous!

Clark Family said...

You are talented!! What a great video and your mom definitely deserves this trip, as do you! I am so excited and jealous. I can't wait to hear all about it. By the way, LOVE the shirt - love it!!

Sammy Boy said...

We are so excited for you guys!!! Last thing we heard was that it wasn't going to happen so we are thrilled that everything worked out.
Have a great time and know that Sam really wanted this to happen for Jake. It is nice to hear of such a great thing from ADP.

davieboy said...

Mom told me on the phone the other day that you all were going. Congratulations! Great job on the video. What did you use to make it?

Joey and Nettifer said...

check you out! Love the video! I can already see the green rolling hills! Way to go Jake thanks for making it possible! You sure do take care of your family!

Nicole said...

Wow, that is so exciting! How neat to be rewarded in such an amazing way for working so hard. Good job to Jake and congrats on your upcoming trip. I am jealous...Ireland has always been so intriguing to me. Your mom must have died when she saw that video! It was so suspensful! And what a fun way to announce it to her. Good luck with the plans.

Bel said...

YAY Erin!! I can't believe it! Congratulations I am soooo excited you get to go to Ireland :) I know you have been looking forward to going there for a while and now it finally came true, awesome! So wonderful, congratulations Jake way to go!

PS Also it looks like you had a great time in Park City, how fun shopping and relaxing.

Emilee said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited for you guys. That is truly incredible. Way to go Jacob! You guys will have an amazing time. So happy for you.

Heather Jones said...

Ok that is sooo awesome! I have always wanted to go there so I will be so excited to hear and see it from you. That is so cool his work does that, and Jake did it. Todd needs a job like that. Your video was so cute what a cool way to tell her. I bet you made her year for sure. Have a blast and your girls trip looked so fun I love those!