Thursday, May 21, 2009

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

Ok, apparently I have no idea how to fly a kite. I bought this baby at Costco and Lydia loves it but for the life of me I can't get the thing to stay up in the air. What's the trick? It's the windiest day EVER 2 days ago and I got it high in the air for about 10 seconds at a time about 5 times before it plummeted to the earth...then I look out the front window and see my neighbor flying his like it ain't no thang. What's going on? Sorry Lyd's, I stink at flying kites!
Lydia enjoyed watching and chasing it though, since it was mostly VERY low to the ground.On another note, I've decided to run my very first half marathon. Jake and Bird are training for the St. George marathon and they need to do a 10k in August so I thought, what the heck, I'll do one with them. I was advised to wait a couple months to try and get pregnant again and I hate to just sit around and not use my body for anything. So why not get in shape right? I don't want to just sit around and wait for two months to try and get pregnant...how depressing is that? I've really missed running and this will be what I do to help pass the time. It's been six months since I've run and let me tell you, that first run was brutal, but good news...I talked my friend Lynette into doing it with me. We're WAY excited and can't wait for our LOOOONG Saturday runs!!!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

that kite is pretty cool looking! Hey just think Lydia doesn't know you can't fly a kite :)
I am way excited about our long run! It is all mental, it is all mental, it is all mental, I love it, I love it, I love it!

Margo said...

Love that kite it is way cool. Hey it's the thought that counts Lydia probably thought you did a great job. Yea for you and Lynette to start running together. All I can say I admire you guys. I will join you guys in a heart beat but I know I can't do it now maybe next year. Good luck girls you can do it. :)