Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh Lydia, Aren't You A Cutie?!

Before I start my post, I just want to mention a Big Girl moment Lyd's had yesterday. We went to the park and for the first time, she went down the slide all by herself AND it was the huge twisty one. She loved it and I so enjoyed watching her have so much fun. She knew she was doing something on her own and she had the proud smile on her face to prove it!
---------------------------
Jake and I are just loving Lydia right now and the cute things she does! Here are a few of our favorite things about Lydia at 23 months old:
Lydia is always trying to put on my make-up but I always catch her before she does anything crazy. She always looks at it and says, "Pretty, pretty!" Well, this time she succeeded in getting the make-up. Thank goodness it was only the foundation! Here she is fresh out of the tub, getting ready for our Friday night out!

This may be weird to some, but Jake and I LOVE the way Lydia eats. We think it is the cutest thing ever. She ALWAYS smells her food before eating it and I think that is so hilarious and a bit odd, but whatever (notice the picture on the right).
Here she is with her favorite food of the moment, yogurt.
I love the way she has to open her mouth so huge to get the spoon in and she closes her eyes super tight (for some reason) with every bite she takes.


Lastly, Lydia can't get enough of dancing. She loves it and does it every second she can. She'll do it anywhere...even at the park when there is no music playing. Silly girl. She loves dancing with mommy also. She grabs my hands and we go to town. It's quite a good work out.
In the video, notice how she always has to wipe her hair out of her face...what a rockstar!
Love you Lyd's!!!




Just pause the music on the right to hear the music she's dancing too and to see her great rythem...not really...not at all actually! Maybe one day!

12 comments:

Heather Jones said...

That video is so dang cute!! She is darling thanks for letting us crash at your house to watch the rest of the game Todd was so thrilled. Sorry the kids were scared to death of the dog.

Veronica said...

That is the funniest dancing!!!

Margo said...

OMG she is such a doll. Love the dance move you need to bring her to dance class she will have a blast. So funny that she smells her food before eating it. Lydia is so darn cute.

Deborah said...

Your family is so dang cute. I just love all the fun stories and pictures. So hilarious.

Joey and Nettifer said...

Can she get any cuter! That dancing had me LOL at work. So adorable! I love her little arm thing and that giggle when she is spinning. So cute!
I love how she eats her yogurt. You are a brave mom for letting her feed herself! Wow I still spoon feed Madelyn. Maybe I need to get a grib!

melynda said...

she is seriously so dang cute. i love how she said funny at the end of her dancing! good luck on your race, sorry i didnt do it.

Audrey said...

What a doll! The dancing is adorable!

BobulousBelly said...

Erin can I just say that Lydia is miny you except with blonde hair. She is so cute! If you are ever going to Thanksgiving Point you should give me a call so we can go with you. My number is 636-0138. Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Love the dance moves!! I am so bummed we never met up when you guys were in town!! There is always next time!! I think we might be coming out to Utah for Christmas....I'll keep you updated though!!

Emilee said...

I think she gets her dance moves from her daddy. She is a grooving girl. How adorable.

maia said...

too cute! i love that she smells her food first. you can never be too safe, y'know.

btw - i LOVE the color on your walls in you LR! very nice!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Why are our daughters NOT hanging out every single day.. They are nearly the exact same age, and love to dance... We need to get the dance/dance/revolution and let them boogie on down!!!

The pic of your mom and her sisters.. ahhhh... loved that one... You are so lucky to have your mom... happy birthday to her!!