Thursday, September 25, 2008

I put my trip to Kansas in 3 different posts, so if you want to read it in order, start with the heading "Trip to Kansas".
On the 22nd, a few of us went out to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate my aunt Becky's 50th birthday. Lydia loved the peanuts and couldn't get enough of them, shell and all!
Here's the whole group!
Before we left, they made Becky get on a horse saddle and we all yelled "Yee Haw" in honor of her 50th b-day. Happy Birthday Becky! Love you!
We took a few pictures...here are all the b-day girls.
Here's Lydia with her Great Grandparents!
I just love this picture of Auntie and Lyd's for some reason...so sweet. And plus, I know how much Auntie loves her Great Niece so it makes the picture all the more special to me!
Then on the 23rd, we went out with my brother and his family in celebration of my 29th birthday. I tell you, we did A LOT of celebrating this trip...so much that I gained 3 pounds!
Here's Grandma with her 3 beautiful grandchildren!
All Lydia wanted to do was hold baby Cabot. "Baby, baby, baby" was all she would say. So finally at the end of the night we let her hold him. This is her "proud" smile (it's Jake's favorite smile). She gives a little on the outside but you can tell she's all giddy on the inside by the noises she makes. It's so cute.
Then it was back to Utah! I can't believe how fast 7 days goes by. And once again, Lydia was perfect on every plane she rode on. She just minded her own business. This was the first time she got to ride in her own seat. We had the whole row to ourselves! Yipee!
Here's multi-tasking at it's finest :)


Thanks to everyone for showing us a good time. You guys are the best. I have the greatest family in the world and we love you tons. We can't wait to see you again!

9 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

So sweet of Lyd's holding the baby!

Looks like your trip was wonderful and what a good time you had!

Glad you got to go see your family!

Clark Family said...

You were a busy gal on this trip! I am glad you had fun. Of course, Lydia was perfect on the plane...she is always perfect and easy and the best child - you need to have another one!

maia said...

uh, oh! sounds like lydia's got the baby craving! ;) and i LOVE the picture of her multi-tasking! so funny! she's learning young, isn't she? happy belated birthday and i'm glad you had a good time celebrating!

Veronica said...

What an awesome trip!! Isn't it great getting to visit your own roots every now and then? Love all your pictures!!

Veronica said...

BTW I also LOVE your blog layout!

Heather Jones said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. I am glad lydia is so good for you it makes it much easier. Maybe it is time for you guys to have another babe if lydia likes babies hehe!! I am all for hanging out anytime you guys want we are not doing much!!

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Lyd's looks so grown up on the plane!! So cute!! I'm glad you had such a great trip! We need to get together!

Emilee said...

okay so I am a jerk and had no idea it was your birthday. So happy belated birthday! We will do some celebrating this weekend. Jakes post about you made me get a little teary eyed. You two are amazing and even more amazing together. We love you!

Rivers and Monica said...

Looks like you and Lydia had a great trip. Glad that you made it home safe and that Jake made it thru with out you.