Later that afternoon (still on Sunday) some of the family went to
Liberty Memorial to look at a brick that we purchased for my grandfather to honor his service in World War II. It will rest on the "Walk of Honor" forever and ever. Liberty Memorial has the
ONLY National World War I museum in the whole country and they made a special place there for all of those that served in WWII.
Here's my Grandpa back in his service days!

Here he is now at the memorial with his lovely wife, my wonderful Grandmother Betty Jo!

Here's some of the gang that came in support of our Father, Grandfather and Great Grandfather, who served in World War II. God bless the men and women who served and now serve today for this beautiful country of ours!
.JPG)
Here's the brick. SN stands for Seaman. He was in the navy!
.JPG)
Here's my Grandpa, 50 years later, now walking with a cane, looking at his brick! It was a wonderful moment for me...knowing that millions of people died in that war and seeing my grandfather 50 years later, still alive and being honored for his service was a very humbling experience! After that day, I repected him even more than before thinking of what he went through (and I didn't think that was possible) because he's such a great man and I love him so much!
.JPG)
Here are the 3 military men in our family (the two others are my cousins)! God bless you guys! You're amazing!
.JPG)
There was a beautiful view at the top of the memorial looking down on the city!
.JPG)
After that, we headed back to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate the September B-days (my mom, my aunt and myself) and Lydia's 2nd b-day (since my fam won't be there for the real one next month).
.JPG)
My wonderful Auntie Becky went all out for Lyd's and we had a Backardigan's themed b-day. Becky didn't know it at the time but Lydia loves the Backyardigan's so it was meant to be :)
.jpg)
My bestest friend Trienke was able to come as well. Before I got married and moved away, she would always come to my families monthly parties so it was nice to have her there and to see her husband and cute little boy (picture above on the right).
.JPG)
Happy Birthday Lydia...sort of :)
2 comments:
what a fun birthday party - we love backyardigans. We can sing all those adorable songs. I love Paublo - We think he is so funny!
Way to go Grandpa! What a cool day and the view is amazing.
Happy Birthday!
Such a wonderful vacation! I love all of the fun pictures. And my girls love the backyardigans, too! What a cute little party. I love the Uniqua masks!!!
Post a Comment