Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to my little red head gal!




Todays is Erins Birthday(September 23rd) So, Happy Birthday to my most beautiful, gorgeous wife, the best mommy in the world and my favorite person to be around(even when shes mean shes cute) She is out of town this week visiting her family in KC(it actually takes off all the pressure I might have felt to put on a good show for her Bday) But it is times like this that make me realize how much I love her and how much I miss her and need her here. We have been married for 6.2 years and every day she amazes me more and more with what a great person she is. She truly cares for everybody and wants the best for everyone. She hates seeing people sad or unhappy. There is not a fake bone in her body. She does not try to impress anybody by being something she is not.
In fact let me tell you a story that illustrates the type of person Erin is. A few years ago when we had first brought Larry into this world he used to eat things he shouldn't, like shoes, magazines etc. Well one evening we returned home to find that he had gotten a hold of my scriptures that I had my whole life, took on my mission and everything, and had ripped them to literally thousands of pieces. All the pages of my little quad were spread out across the entire living room. I obviously was fired up and was yelling. All my years of marking and circling scriptures and making notes, obliterated. They were destroyed. Well, 1 month later on my birthday my wife got me a new set of scriptures. The same color and size and everything. It was a nice gift....Then I opened them up; she had marked EVERY SINGLE scripture that I had in my old scriptures. She had collected the pages from the torn up scriptures, put them back in order ONE BY ONE and stayed up late each night marking the new scriptures the EXACT same way I had marked them. With the same comments I had written and used the same colors I had used. Each page looked exactly the same. The verses that I underlined in red were underlined in red. The outlines of green were outlined in green. The little notes I had scribbled on the side, she did the same. She even mis spelled words I had mis spelled to replicate it exactly. Places where I had circled something then scribbled it out,she did that too. It was incredible. She told me she guessed she spent more than 25 hours doing it. But every page was done just like I had them in my old scriptures. I am as blown away now as I was then. The thoughtfulness and care and time she put into that is something Ill never forget.
I am grateful that she is my wife. She makes me a better person everyday and for those of you that know me you know how difficult that is. I am a pain in the @$$ to put up with but she handles my weirdness so well. The Lord has truly blessed me with an eternal companion that takes my weaknesses and makes them better. I am looking forward to spending eternity with my truly incredible best friend. I love you babe and cant wait till you come home.


-Jacob

14 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Happy Birthday!!!! hope you are having a good time- if you arent the sweetest wife ever for doing that for jacob - holy cow! i know you are sweet because i am lucky enough to have you as a friend! have a wonderful day!

good job on the sweet post jacob!!!

Ute Family said...

AWWWW! Thanks honey for the wonderful things you said. And I guess that picture you used isn't THAT bad. You're the best husband and getting better every day (with my guidance of course :)
We miss you and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

melynda said...

Happy Birthday, hope you are having a fun trip.

Heather Jones said...

Happy birthday Erin I hope you have a great time and jake does something nice when you get home. I can't believe you did that for him with the scriptures that is impressive and sweet. Great post Jake It is nice to know you guys think of us sometimes instead of sports 24 seven!! Thanks for showing Todd a great time he loved it.

Heather Jones said...

Happy B-day EJ. I hope that you have a great one!!!!!



Todd

Clark Family said...

I second everything my brother has written about you. He is a very lucky man to be married to such a sweet and patient person!! I hope you have a nice birthday! Thanks for being a great friend to me!!

Rivers and Monica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERIN!!!! It was great of Jake to remind all of us and post a nice tribute to you. So awesome that you would do so many thoughtful things, and that months later it is still remembered. Also, to Jake-way to go on realizing and appreciating everything your wife does for you. I know there can be times where we may all feel a little taken for granted.

Erin- Saw your Dad today. He actually looks really good considering everything. He was going home and so hopefully he will be feeling better soon.

Marti said...

Happy Birthday, Erin!!! What a sweet story about the scriptures! I always thought you were a sweetheart, but wow- that just took it to a whole new level!!!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Okay... First of all.. Will one of you marry me please..?? I don't really care WHICH one, just either of you please marry me...?? Could you be any more perfect for each other??

Happy Happy Happy Erin... Talk to you later, honey!!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Okay... First of all.. Will one of you marry me please..?? I don't really care WHICH one, just either of you please marry me...??

Could you be any more perfect for each other??

Happy Happy Happy Erin... Talk to you later, honey!!

H&HJohnsen said...

Happy Birthday Erin. Jake's right, you are soo sweet. I'm grateful to know you and be related to you!! Have a great birthday!! Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your cousin, I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you in town this time around. I had my weekends totally mixed up. I'll email you more on what's been going on. I cried reading the lovely things Jake wrote about you, you are truly an amazing loving person that I absolutely adore and admire. The love you two share is so special. He just adores you. Love you and Happy Belated birthday, I'll email you soon!!

TeamTyson said...

Happy Birthday!! What a thoughtful post by Jake. I am amazed at that story anout the scriptures, I think it has inspired me to be nice to Randon tonight =)

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

I about cried reading that post Jake!!! You are the sweetest, as is Erin, but so thoughful to post such a nice tribute to my cousin!!