We had our monthly date night last Thursday and thought it would be fun to invite some friends along. It's been so long since we've done the classic dinner and a movie that we thought we'd give it a whirl again!
We saw Super 8. Anabel and I liked it and as my BIL/SIL said, it definitely was a mix between ET and The Goonies. We were entertained. The guys, not so much!
Again to Lagoon! We love this place. The kids NEVER get sick of it.
On Friday, we headed to the Annual 24th of July party at the Clarks. Since our anniversary usually falls on the same day as the party, we usually don't make it but this year it worked out! Lots of family, food, fun and fireworks. This is the only picture I took.
On Sunday we had a cul-de-sac bbq. Its been way too long since we've all gotten together! Again, lots of fun hanging out together. The guys went all out and bought a ton of fireworks. The favorites were the big, professional looking ones that used to be illegal.
The dogs always love our parties. They had so much fun running around together, all 7 of them, trying to eat whatever human food they could get their paws on.
On Monday, the Newell's invited us to the 24th of July parade. We watch it on TV every year but have never made it in person. It was actually a ton of fun. The weather was perfectly overcast and the floats were awesome. We've decided to make this a tradition and go every year now.
We got to the parade at 8:45am, found great seats and enjoyed looking at all the floats dedicated to the Utah Pioneers.
We were at the end of the parade so it took a while for the first float to get to us but the kids found ways to entertain themselves.
Always a mother! :0)
Like father, like son.
Finally the parade starts.
We didn't know Ariel would be there! That was definitely a treat for the girls.
My Aunt Susan was asked a year ago to be in charge of designing a float for 2011 and although she said it was one of the most stressful things she's ever done, I think it turned out AMAZING! I love all the detail and all the perfect, tiny little houses. So cute and classy looking. Way to go Susan. I love the way it turned out. It's old school Salt Lake City and I love it.
I wish I could have gotten closer so you could see ALL of the detail. It was incredible.
Go Utes!
I just love July. So many parades, parties and fireworks. So sad it's almost over.
Jake's brothers family is visiting from out of town so that's been fun for all the cousins. After spending FHE together on Monday night, the kids all dispersed to different houses for sleep overs! Lydia, Elle, Lizzy and Esther slept over at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Lydia was so excited.
They said the girls were having the time of their lives. I'm so happy that they all get along so well and can have so much fun together. I loved sleep overs growing up...but who doesn't, right?!
On Tuesday we met up with the fam again for some Kangaroo Zoo fun.
Elle, Lydia and Esther had so much fun running around together.
I'm so sad summer is almost over and back to early sunsets, early bedtimes and school!!! I just hope the last part of our summer continues to be this much fun!!!








3 comments:
Looks like a fun weekend. I was sad we missed the muller park fire works they are my fav!!! I am soo sad summer is almost over too it goes too fast! Let's party the last month!!
Our date was so fun in spite of the hubbies not liking the movie very much. I hope me jumping through the scary scenes did not distract you too much, haha!
Love all the fun you guys have been having. YOu are totally taking advantage of summer, love it!
Thanks for coming to the parade with us. I was surprisingly fun and the weather was awesome. Perfect day. It's our new tradtion hopefully the weather will be the same next year and hopefully we find such great seats (not including the dirty guy blocking my view, lol!).
Lydia is having such a blast with her cousins. I love that they did had a sleep over and even had their makeup done, so fun! She will always have such great memories with her cousins. Good times.
Wow!! Another Super fun week!! I love how Lydia and Lizzie are such great buddies/cousins.
Post a Comment