Sunday, July 17, 2011

Nate is 13 Months and Girls' Trip 2011

Nate is such a joy in our lives.  I seriously can't say it enough.  He is just so happy and so fearless!  He's very outgoing and loves playing with everyone...even people he doesn't know!  Basically, he's the complete opposite of Lydia!  And I love that!  I love how opposite their personalities are, yet I love both of them so much.

Nate became a full blown walker on June 28th at 12 1/2 months old.  He loves it and thinks it's so cool that he can get around on his feet.

He got his first haircut on Wed, July 13th.  It was so fine and thin but was SO long that I just had to finally cave and have Heather cut it.  My camera flash wasn't working for some reason but here's the before.
And the after.  You can't really tell in the pics but his hair was so fuzzy in the back and long in the front...now that's gone.  His strawberry blonde hair from when he was born....gone.  Now he is about as toe head as you can imagine.  It makes me sad, but I did want a little blonde boy; I just have to keep reminding myself!
He says three things:  Mama, Dada and Baba (bottle).  He's a man of little words but makes up for it with how active he is.  He climbs (or at least tries to) on everything and really keeps me on my toes!

He has the funnest personality and loves everyone.

He still takes two naps a day; still has eight teeth and is finally sleeping through the night.  There have been no further signs of ear infections so I know that has helped his sleeping habits a ton.  But I'm sure more teeth and more sicknesses will change all of that!  We love you buddy!  Happy 13 months.

Girls' Trip 2011
Due to scheduling conflicts, our girls' trip this year was limited to one night in Park City!  I think we had twice the fun since we knew we only had 24 hours to make fun memories!  We stayed at the Westgate Hotel and had a fun view up high.  This was our fourth consecutive year going somewhere fun together; I just love this new tradition we've started.
Duck and I were the first ones there so of course, when left alone and bored, out comes the camera, crazy poses and lots of laughing!  Don't judge!

Normal.
Smouldering.
I have no idea.
Hit it!
We then met up with the other ladies and our MIL Sue, for a delish mexican dinner.


Then we met up with the last arriving SIL Sarah and our adorable niece Abigail.  She's 14 and definitely old enough to now join in our fun, SIL trips.  We played games until 1am and talked until 2.  So fun.


We slept in til 9:45 (oh yeah), ate out at a yummy breakfast then hit the outlets.  I think I got the best bargains EVER!  They had a wheel at ON, I spun and got the best discount on the wheel. What a fun afternoon and of course an amazing night with the best SIL's a gal could ask for.  Thanks ladies for the fun memories!

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Nate is so stinking cute and I do must say I love his hair cut but I do miss his curls! He is so precious and that smile is adorable!

yeah for a girl trip! I love that you guys keep it going every year! So much fun - It looks like you guys had a blast. I love how you and Ducka take pictures. You guys are so cute and funny! Good times!

Clark Family said...

You finally commented on my blog. Either you like me or you feel guilty because I said you didn't like me :). You look more smoldering in that picture and I look confused. Your modeling talent is definitely shining through in these pictures. Love them! That sure was a fun trip. Next year, two night no matter what!!

P.S. I love Nate's haircut. He is adorable!!

Bel said...

Congratulations on walking Nate!! Oh and that haircut looks so good, just when you don't think he can look more handsome he does!! What a stud! I love that you girls have a girls weekend, way fun! What better thing to do than to shop, sleep and play. Your silly shots make me laugh, love it!

Heather Jones said...

Look at how cute that little stud is!! What a fun girls trip I wish my fam would do that we just go with everyone!! Love girls trips and nights!