Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Week of Fun in the Summer Sun :o)

The past seven days have been so much fun!  It started on Friday afternoon when Lydia was invited to her bff's "Adopt and Owl "birthday party!  Brielle turned five and of course Anabel went all out as usual, making owl feather clips, stuffed owls and owl shirts for all the girls to wear!  Anabel really outdid herself this year!  It was so much fun!  I think I was having as much fun as Lydia was.  Lydia got the "Crafty Owl"!  So stinkin' cute! 

 Here's the whole group at the table that was transformed into a bed!  So adorable!
Here are a few of the girls from the party in their matchy outfits with the b-day girl.  They are getting ready to hit the HUGE Dora pinata!  Happy Birthday Brielle!  We love you!  What a fun afternoon!
On Saturday morning Lydia was in the Farmington parade with Legacy Dance!  She loves this so I've decided we can't ever miss it....ever!!!

 Lydia loves waving and throwing candy to all the kids on the street!
 Madelyn, Iza, Lydia, Lizzy and Izzy.  Lydia found Nate in this pic and that's who she's pointing to.  She just loves her baby brother!


We headed to Price to clean and afterward Lydia and I went swimming!  Lydia loved it and enjoyed showing me her swimming skills.  

We also took some fish stuff from my dads house to make Cinderella's living arrangements a bit more spacious!  She has survived in our household for about four months so we figure we should give her an upgrade!  Now watch, she'll probably die next week!

Lydia had to have Ariel!
 The old and the new!  Much better!  We made a trip to Petco for rocks and wah lah!  I think Ariel and Cinderella will get along just fine!
On Sunday we got together with some friends for game night!  So much fun!  I love playing games!  We played card games and also a really fun game at the pool table called CRUD.  Thanks Heath for letting us use your parents house!  They're awesome!
On Monday night, the Jones' invited us to enjoy their Slip N Slide!  I've never been able to do it so I was so happy to finally try it out!  I loved it and so did the rest of the family!  Thanks so much Todd and Heather for the invite!  What a fun night!


I was just taking pictures of Lydia and all of a sudden I see Jake and my white trash boy flying down the hill.  Jake just decided to take off all his clothes...forget the swim suit and swim diaper!  I love Nate's face though!
 After that run I went and got him dressed in proper swim attire  :)


 Braylon's first time!
 The guys played a game to see who could get the furthest off the slide!
 Allen is the reining champ!
Heather jokingly said how funny it would be to take the swimming pool down the slide!  Next thing we knew, they did it!  The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!


 Nice Heather!
 I loved Kylie's seal pose!  She said her neck hurt really badly after that!  Well, I wonder why!

The mom's wanted to give the pool a try!




 The guys then attempted to catch the ball as it was being thrown to them while sliding down the hill. There were a few successes.....mostly failures!  I did get Jake catching one of his in the picture below!
Every time the ball was thrown, Nate would throw his hands in the air and scream YAY!!!  It really was so cute!


 Our gorgeous view!
 The mamas going down!!!
 Since it was July 11th, we headed to 7/11 afterward to get some free slurpees!
We had our monthly SIL play date on Wednesday and this month we went to This is the Place Heritage Park.  They had a great deal on groupon so we knew we had to go there!  The kids had fun with the horse rides, petting zoo, train rides and making crafts!  It was overcast for part of the day so it was perfect!  Thanks for hanging out ladies!


 We learned a lot too.  Here's Lydia spinning the wheel so the craft men could make furniture!
 Cute little Naters!  And yes, he got his first hair cut so that's why he looks different (post on that later)!



I heard about the new splash pad so I called a few friends to meet us there for the evening!  It was overcast so it was a bit chilly.  The kids didn't seem to mind for the first hour.  

Nate seriously had not fear!  He walked right through the fountains.  It was so funny to watch!

 Lyd, Iza and Izzy
The fountains were fun until Lydia fell and scraped up her elbow while walking along this ledge!  So we moved over to the new playground for the rest of the night!
 Nate loved the slides!  It was his first time and he couldn't get enough!


 Lydia and Hinarei
 Jordan and Mathias

While the kids played, us moms sat and talked until 9:45pm!  Yikes!  We were having such a good time together!  Thanks for hanging out ladies!

And thus concludes our week of fun!

7 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

first off - wow! Your fish is still alive! You are amzing and taking care of animals! Love the new home!
Summer is so fun! We are loving hanging out and doing all the fun stuff!
I am laughing so hard at those slip and slide pics! Thanks for being the photographer that night!

Heather Jones said...

SOOO much fun where to start! Really it has been a blast playing and talking I love it, hehe wink wink! Thanks for the picture help and coming to slid we will do it again for sure maybe with less people we don't know and more we know! Love ur cousin paly date, never been there it looks like a fun time i love that u do that. Thanks for the park invite too bad we got there after the water. My poor kids just want to play in the fountians so bad, maybe one day we will meet that request!

Draper's said...

What a great week!! So Many fun things. Lyds was super cute on the float. Love her!!

Bel said...

What a full week! Wow you guys are little busy bees, haha! Thanks so much for coming to the Brielle's party, I am so glad the girls (and the mom's) liked it :) That slip-n-slide was way fun, I laugh so hard at all of our less than appealing expressions but it was so fun it doesn't matter. Darn it I wish next time we put on a swimsuit its not overcast and windy, seriously??! Its killing me! What a fun playdate, I have never been there for regular days (only celebrations) and didn't know they did all that, what a fun place.

Bel said...

PS I love the new fish tank! I cannot believe it's still alive, you totally won the bet by a long shot, good for you!

melynda said...

what a fun summer. the weather has been so nice, its so fun to see everyone enjoying it. i love the picture of nate going down the slide, priceless.

maia said...

oh my gosh erin! you guys have the best life!!! :)