Sunday, July 24, 2011

Nine Years!!!

For our anniversary, Jake surprised me with a fun evening out.  He started by taking me to an italian restaurant we've always wanted to try.  Cafe Fresco.  Very good.  I LOVED the ambiance; all of the vines everywhere were gorgeous.

Since it was our anniversary, we ordered two desserts and they surprised us with this plate.  Although small in quantity, the desserts were delicious in taste!
Then we headed to the next surprise, a one night stay at The Grand America Hotel.  I can understand why it's a five star hotel; it was beautiful.  I only had my long lens so I couldn't get the whole room in the picture.  This was the cheapest room they had and it was huge.  The marble floors were gorgeous, the chandeliers were beautiful and the Courtyard was perfect!

The view from our hotel room.
We took a few pictures in the courtyard with the timer.



It was a wonderful anniversary.  Jake and I had so much fun together.  I'm so glad to be married to such a wonderful man who takes such good care of me!  I love you honey!  Thanks for a memorable nine year anniversary!

Oh, and I forgot to mention:  a HUGE thank you to all of my friends who fed my kids dinner, took them to Lagoon then fireworks after at their house!  You guys are the best!  And thanks Duck and Bird for taking them overnight!  You are all amazing!

7 comments:

Bel said...

Congratulations you guys! One more year and its the big TEN, wow!! What a wonderful date you have and that restaurant looks really neat, we have never been there, glad to hear the food was good. What a super nice hubby to surprise you with the one night stay at the Grand America!!! Boy did it give me some difficult moments here and there to have to keep the secret but in the end I am so glad you were surprised. What an unforgetable anniversary, can't wait for next year. Cheers!!!

Draper's said...

Happy Anniversary!! Yay!! For a super fun night!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Happy 9 years! Glad you guys had such a good night! Glad we could help in the surprise! The Grand is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that you got dressed up, and Jake even wore his best Utah shirt! Besides church, I don't think I've ever seen him in anything but Utah gear! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Jennie, that is NOT my best Utah shirt. My best Utah shirt is red and has a drum and feather logo.

PS I actually DID get dressed up but as soon as we got to the hotel I changed and EJ did not and made me look bad.

PPS The reason I wear so much Ute stuff is two fold, 1) I love my Utes 2) Its stretchy and when youre fat all you can wear is stretchy clothes!

-Jake

Unknown said...

Ha! That's hilarious! And yes, in the dinner pics you're all dressed up too. It has got to be one special occasion for you to whip out the drum shirt!

Heather Jones said...

Happy anniversary you two cute people!!! Sounds like a way fun night I love surprises!! Also yea for the cholesterol being lower that is sooo great!! Way to be determined with your diet!!