Jake has been dying to go camping this year since we only went once last year so we jumped at the chance to go over the holiday weekend with our pals the Clarks! We love pretty much everything about camping; the s'mores, food, playing around in the mountains and just sitting by the camp fire talking, laughing and relaxing.
After a few trials getting to Bird's property, we made it safely, set up camp and got the fire started. My favorite is always s'more time!
Day two we got up and of course it was cold. Nate was the first one up and as we stepped out of the tent, I looked to my left and saw a huge moose about 50 yards from our tent! It startled me but I wasn't scared. It was beautiful so I went to get my camera but by the time I came back out, it was gone.
When my dad passed away, us seven kids got to pick which of dads things we wanted and I was lucky enough to get his 4 wheeler; not only because it's such a fun toy but because this was definitely one of my dad's favorite things to do in the mountains. He would fill up the tank and go exploring for hours and hours, sometimes gone all day long. He loved it and it definitely brought a smile to my face knowing I was doing something that my dad loved so much! I thought of him often on this trip!
We just took Nate in a few circles since he was too little this year to wear a helmet and go out of the camp to explore! Jake said he laughed the whole time.
Lydia loved it and loved going really fast with Daddy! I was a little more cautious than Jake!
Ducka and I went off for a while together and of course we stopped to take a few photos. I won't tell you how long it took us to get this picture. LOL! We were determined to get our feet off the ground while trying to guess when the next picture would flash! Not the most graceful picture ever, but we had fun doing it! :) There were some gorgeous views up there!
They had a really cool sign close to the top of one of the mountains that pointed in all directions where different cities were all over the world. It was really cool. I pointed to Rome, which is where Jake and I want to go on our 10 year anniversary next year! It's only 5,747 miles away!
While exploring on the 4 wheelers, Ducka said she saw the moose so Lydia and I headed out to find it! We came over the hill and there it was cooling off in a tiny pond. We saw it a lot this trip! He must live nearby!
We went for a walk which was definitely Larry's favorite part! And who knew how popular Larry would be on this trip! The kids were constantly taking turns holding the leash, walking him around!
Nate has gotten pretty good at walking but not so much on the rocky, uneven terrain. He is definitely a pro in the house now after this camping trip!
Our last night!
Thanks for having us Duck and Bird! We love you guys and had a lot of fun!!!
Since we missed the Eaglewood fireworks that we usually go to, we thought we'd try the Sugarhouse fireworks since they were on Monday night! We grabbed some dinner, had a picnic and waited for the show.
We usually have family or friends to hang out with every year, but since it was just our little family this time, I didn't even think about how I was going to entertain the kids for four hours. Lydia seemed to manage though! She even made a friend and went off with her for about 45 minutes to play!
Nate wasn't even phased by the fireworks...the complete opposite of Lydia. She has been scared to death every year until this year! This was the first time she actually enjoyed them and didn't cover her eyes! The fireworks held Nate's attention for about 5 minutes, then he was done! Oh boy, this kid! Here's his cute little head looking up at them!
Eaglewood's fireworks kick the Sugarhouse fireworks butt! Their finale was only like 10 seconds! Good to know not to go there again; although we did have a good time as a family! We had such a fun 4th this year! God Bless America!
















4 comments:
Super fun camping trip. WOW!! Nate is walking!! Love that you saw a Moose. Great pic! Love Lyd's dance pose!! Fun Sugarhouse fireworks!!
What a fun camping trip. Looks like the kids had a blast! I love how Nate is walking, so precious. I think your silly jumping pose is way fun, you girls crack me up. Oh and how cool that they had signs in the direction to major cities. Yay for Rome! You will love it!!!!
We usually go to the Sugarhouse Fireworks except for this year, haha! I don't remember how long the finale was but Eaglewood is our favorite now as well. Glad you could spend some family time and the kids are wearing patriotic colors. They both look adorable.
what a wonderful time camping! It looks so beautiful up there! WOW! So green and that moose! So fun!
Yeah for inherting all the fun stuff! It probably makes your dad so happy to know it is getting used and creating good memories!
Glad you got some fireworks in. I am with you nothing beats eaglewood. We love our Davis County :)
So much fun It looks so pretty and green. It is so great u have so much fun with Jakes sis and the girls are best cousins. I love the moose that is so neat and the picture is awesome. We have never taken the kids camping and they ask all the time. Maybe one day we will all need to go so you can teach us what to do hehe! The tent in the backyard is as far as we go. I would love to get four wheelers so dang fun how great u have ur dads to play on. (I love the u sticker on it already) Missed u at fireworks at eaglewood and yes I have been let down everytime we see sugarhouses. Davis highs and Muller parks are much better. Looks like a fun wekend and J is doing better today so I am guessing all will be good for sunday yea!
Post a Comment