First off I need to say something to my
children.
Lydia, I am amazed at you every day. I
don't know many little kids that can just sit there either,
playing, coloring, drawing or actually listening to the prophets
voice for eight hours over a two day period. You sat there listening
to the words of prophets for the last two hours of conference. You
are such an example of a sweet, kind hearted, obedient child who has
the spirit of Christ in them. We pray as your parents, that Jake and
I can nurture you and help you grow into that beautiful young woman
that we and our Heavenly Father know you are destined to be. We are
always told to be as a child; to see the world through child's eyes
because of their sweet innocence. We are so blessed to have that
sweet innocence in our home as we look at life through your eyes!
Nate, how lucky we are to have a baby
that slept 7 of the 8 hours of conference so that Daddy and I could
listen to the messages that were conveyed over this conference
weekend! We are so grateful for the innocence that an infant brings
into family life.
I've decided that since this is our
family journal that I would start documenting more spiritual things
since we are trying our hardest to be a spiritual family living in a
Christ centered home. I have never felt the spirit more strong as I
did this conference weekend. I feel so blessed that I was filled
with Christ's spirit and felt that burning desire to be a good human being. Here are the things I want to remember and
work on every day until next conference when I'll gain a new list of
ways to improve our life here on earth! The following are my
favorite things that
touched me and/or make me want to work harder at being a better person, wife and mother.
Dallin H. Oaks
Desires
Eternal
beings must:
*Forgive
all who have wronged them
*Put
the welfare of others ahead of themselves
*Love
all of God's children
Ask
for God's help to accomplish these goals.
“We
need righteous desires that will lead to Eternal Life”
“When
we have a vision of what we can become, our desire and our power to
act increase enormously”
Random quotes/thoughts
Everyone has worth. We
are all children of God.
Don't be afraid of death.
We die so that we may continue to live.
Be a person of honesty and
integrity.
Always pray using an
eternal perspective
Hold FHE. Children may
not remember the lesson but they will remember that FHE was held.
President Thomas S. Monson
Temples
“Each
of our temples is an expression of our testimony. Life beyond the
grave is as certain as is our life here on earth.” -President
Monson
“Temples
are more than stone and morter. They are filled with faith and
fasting. They are built of trials and testimonies. They are
sanctified by sacrifice and service.” -President Monson
Teach
children the importance of temples. It would be a fine thing to have
a picture of the temple in every room.
Make
whatever sacrifices are necessary to attend the temple, to have the
spirit of the temple in our hearts and in our homes. Follow in the
footsteps of our Lord and Savior that we may have eternal life.
Service
Charity
begins at home. Also do everything you can to serve in the church,
serve your community and also doing missionary service.
“There
is little purpose to our own lives if we don't lose ourselves in
serving others.”
-President
Monson
I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who gives us all the guidance we need to return successfully to Him. This conference was the most spirit felt one I have ever listened to and I'm so grateful to our latter day prophets and their words. I pray that our family can work on each of these aspects so that we may continue to strive to be an eternal family!




No comments:
Post a Comment