Even though Lydia only goes to school four hours a week and we could do any of these activities any day and pretty much any time, I still thought it would be fun to make Spring Break special for her and get her out of the house to do fun things with all her little buddies! So here's what we've been up to this week in celebration of no school!
HOGLE ZOO
We usually try and make it to the zoo at least once a year so we chose the warmest day this week and headed out there.
This was Nate's first time at the zoo and even though he's still in pain with his infection and was missing his morning nap, he was still LOVING it and in the best of moods. He was all smiles the whole morning. I think I've got a baby that's easily entertained if outside! Yay!
Too bad daddy wasn't there! Here's our family picture nonetheless.
They talked me into riding the train even though I told them no because they already rode the merry go round! It's hard to say no to those cute little faces!
The Living Planet Aquarium
I'm really not a fan of this place since it's so far away and probably the worst aquarium I've ever been to, BUT....they had a killer deal on City Deals where you could buy a 1Adult, 1Child pass for only $21 (normally $42). So I thought, why not! Just to get in one time is $17 so we've pretty much already gotten our money's worth! And Lydia loved it so that's all that matters, right?!
Again, this was Nate's first time there and again, he just sat there in the stroller like a good boy! Love that kid!Lydia and Gwen driving the boat!
I have a fascination with jelly fish! So beautiful!
Swimming at the Rec Center
It was just the three of us this time and I was a tad nervous taking them by myself but it was easier this time than it was when Jake was there. I put Lydia in her life jacket and Nate in the infant inner tube and they had the best time. Nate couldn't stop smiling. He would literally smile at every person that swam by him. It was awesome. A lot of the moms and G-pa's couldn't get enough of that kid! And again, he kept splashing himself in the face! Such a funny kid!
Since I was the only one there, I couldn't get any picture in the pool! We did have a little visitor though. This was the most brave bird I have every seen. He even got in the water at one point. Kinda weird!
Clark Planetarium
A couple of my amazing SIL's had the idea of getting together once a month from now on so we can hang out and chat and the cousins can play. So Ducka and I put that plan into action and set up our first play date at the planetarium. I'm so excited for these play dates. I seriously married into the best family so I'm happy that we're getting together once a month now.
It was probably the most horrible day to go though...every school in SLC was there I think! I've never seen it that crowded before! A little too nuts for me...but at least we got to hang out for a while!My cute little Naters on the moon! He loved crawling around!
Here's most of our group! Thanks for hanging out ladies!






6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time! Nate is getting so big. I had ears like him when I was little. That's one tough kiddo! I hope he won't need tubes. We need to play soon. We now have a mattress you can sleep on if you come stay:)
Wow you guys sure did spend an amazing spring break! Thanks so much for letting Bri tag along to the Zoo. She said she had an awesome time and now I can see she she meant. I love all the pictures!! I will for sure have to steal some, thanks! Sorry we didn't make it to the Aquarium, for sure next time :) Love how happy Nate looks at the Zoo, and your family picture is adorable. Good times. Now if only it would stop snowing, lol!!
Wow! You and the kids have been really busy. Looks like you had a great week.
I am glad I was part of most of those activities! It was a fun week and I was nice spending it together. I may steal some pics from you to update my blog - ha ha. No, I really might!! I am so glad we are starting our SIL playgroup and look forward to the next one. Again, I can't get enough of that family picture at the zoo - amazing!! So glad we are family and friends, of course!
You had so much fun! Way to be a fun Mom even with bad weather. Your kids really are so dang cute and what a fun idea to do with the cousins. I may have to tell my family about that one, any excuse to play right! Kylie keeps begging to go to the aquarium but, I don't want to pay to take the whole big family!!! The the jelley fish picture
So much flippin fun! Love it! You did so much - good job Erin! You are a super mom! Love all that fun stuff!
Love that Lyd's has so many cousins her age!
Post a Comment