Monday, March 28, 2011

Nate's First Time Swimming!

Because I'm training for a triathlon, we thought it would be a good idea to get rec center passes for the year since they have a pool.  We've always wanted to make the switch from Gold's so this was the final push we needed and let me tell you, its been awesome. I'm loving my training and I know Lydia's going to love going swimming there all summer!

Nate never got in the water last summer so we finally went tonight for our activity after our FHE lesson. Lydia was ecstatic to finally go after a month of me telling her I would take her soon.
 She could seriously love on Nate all day, she loves her baby brother so much!
 When Nate first got in he didn't know what to think, then within 15 seconds he was splashing all over the place...and laughing of course!  I just love that smile!
 Lydia loved the slide; more so with me than daddy since she didn't go down as fast with me (she's a timid one)!


 I think Nate could have stayed in the water all night but since he was just barely getting over his sickness, I didn't want him in that long.

The video is Nate's first moments in the water.  It was so funny.  He was a bit nervous at first then he just couldn't stop splashing.  He'd splash then cover his face because he didn't want to get splashed anymore.  I don't think he realized he was the one splashing himself...for some reason he just keeps torturing himself..haha!  Funny kid.  It was a fun night and I'm so grateful for my little family!

Note to self: if you're going to go swimming for FHE again...do it on a Tuesday (way to crowded on Monday nights)!!

3 comments:

Bel said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!! Loved the video of Nate and just like you said he kept torturing himself, haha! He is such an adorable kid, can't say it enough. Glad Lyds had fun of her own, she looks so cute in her swimsuit. Oh and just for the record the waterproof mascara held up really well, there are no marks on her face at all, woohoo!

We totally need to go there, we haven't been there since I was pregnant with MATHIAS, HAHA!! Holy cow!

Joey and Nettifer said...

so fun! Love that you recorded Nate's 1st time in water! So cute! Love that place!

Heather Jones said...

When i was taking the kids to school Jordan told Lydia he really wanted to play with her today. So he asked if she could come over. Then she told him not today because she was going swimming when she got home. I asked if she wanted to play till she went swimming and she said no I need to go swimming. Guess she was REALLY excited so cute. I wish I could swim with you that would not hurt my poor knees! Nate is darling I wonder what Bray will do his first time!