Monday, April 04, 2011

Nate's Nine Month Checkup!

So much has happened with Nate the past week.  Since we've been to the doctor so much with ear infections, I totally forgot to get Nate in for his 9 month appointment!!  He also had an ear infection follow up so I killed two birds with one stone!

Stats at 9 months:  it looks like he's evening out!
Weight: 21 lbs 4 oz 50%
Height: 29 inches  50%
Head: 17.9 inches 50%

Ok, so today was his follow up appt on his ear infection and what do you know, he still has an infection...and Dr Cox said it's WAY worse than it was before, and in both ears now!!!!  Seriously!  So now we're moving on to a third antibiotic!  If this doesn't work, we'll have to move on to injections!

Dr Cox is SHOCKED that he's still as happy as he is and that he shouldn't be sleeping through the night (he is by the way) because of the pain.  She also said that he must be one strong boy to handle that pain.  POOR, POOR BABY!  I feel so bad.  So we'll try this and see if it works!  

He had to get one shot (Hep B) and he didn't even cry.  He wanted to; you could see it in his face but I gotta say, this is one tough kid we have here!  He fell the other day and started bleeding and he didn't make one peep!  I guess that's a boy for you!!!
 He officially became my active baby this month.
March 17th-officially crawls
March 19th- sits up with stability (hates sitting, loves moving around)
April 3rd- pulls self to standing position
April 3rd- Crawls up stairs for 1st time.

It's crazy how much he's changed in just the past few weeks in terms of accomplishments.  I love it, yet realize he'll be a toddler very soon!

Here's what Dr Cox said about his development.  She said he's ahead of the curve on all aspects.  Over conference weekend he decided he would learn how to crawl up stairs and pull himself up to standing position!  He's all smiles so proud of his accomplishments even though he's in so much pain!
 We officially had to get the baby gate out.  This is WAY too soon for me!  He's too little!  He loves those stairs though and he's already slammed his head on our baseboards too many times so out comes the gate!
We love you little fella.  Even though you're probably going to be a WAY more active toddler than Lydia ever was and you'll probably drive me nuts, I wouldn't have you any other way!  You are such a blessing!!!

2 comments:

Bel said...

Look at him go!!! Wow he really has reached so many milestones these last couple of weeks, way to go little guy! Sorry he is still sick, hope he gets over his ear infection soon, such a bummer. Love that he is always smiling even sick, he is such a cutie pie.

Oh and great job on doing a Conference post, I think that was a great idea ;) Loved all the talks. Sorry I was texting you during the last session, oops. Z you tomorrow I better go to sleep, hehe!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Serious! He did all that in that short of time - holy cow fast learner! Love it!

Sorry he is sick. Ear infections are not fun at alL! Yet he is still a happy camper. Hopefully they will go away soon! Darn it!