Since my dads passing I've wanted to do something to make a difference; something to support the fight against cancer! My dad loved to run. I love to run. So I thought, why not run?
Every year the Huntsman Cancer Institute is selected as the Salt Lake City Marathon's charity so I knew I had to do this race. I asked some of my peeps to do it with me but it turned out that Ducka was the only one who came through for me and ran it with me (the 5k). Ducka, you'll never know what it meant to me that you did this with me. You are the best a gal could ask for and I love ya for it! This was a most special race for me and I'm glad we could do it together!
In memory of my dad I made a shirt to wear for this race. I've decided that every race I do this year, I'm dedicating to my dad. He LOVED working out and staying fit so this is my way to honor him and keep him alive; through running and getting healthy!
I think the shirt turned out nice! I love my dad and I'm glad I could do this for him.
I'm FINALLY not a slowpoke anymore. After having Nate, I was stuck in the 10 minute mile range for the longest time and I finally got back down into the 8 minute mile range like I was before! Woo hoo!!!!
Here are my stats:
Distance: 5K (3.1 miles)
Time: 26 minutes 53 seconds
Average pace: 8 min 39 sec miles!!! Yay!
Overall placing: 166th out of 1,574 people
Age Division: 9th out of 160 (top 10%)
Sex Division: 57th out of 1,053 women
I was very pleased with my time and I love recording it so I can try and improve every race. I ran this same race 3 years ago and I did it 3 seconds a mile faster back then. Darn it! My goal was to beat my old time but I missed it by 10 seconds! Shoot! Oh well, it was for my dad and I know he'd be proud either way :)
Thanks again Ducka for running with me! One day I will try and be as cool as you and run an 8 mm. You're AMAZING!
Now onto my INCREDIBLE husband who ran the half marathon. He's had this as a goal for a while (to complete a half) and when this cancer race came up and I asked him to do it, of course he said yes since he was going to do one this year anyway!!AND HE DID AWESOME!!! The Clark's waited for him at a different spot and got some pics of him on his final mile! I love this pic (thanks Duck)!
We were so happy when we finally saw Jake come around the corner! Lydia was so excited to see her daddy "win the race". It was so precious to see her so proud and happy for him.
Jake's Stats:Distance: Half Marathon (13.1 miles)
Time: 2:47:23
Avg pace: 12 min 46 sec
Overall placing: 3,940 out of 4,444 people
Age placement: 167 out of 188 people
Jake beat his goal by a long shot and I couldn't be more proud of him. Love you honey! We are so proud of you!
It seriously was such a great morning! I'm so glad we did this. I know my dad was smiling down on us for sure! I'm so proud of Jake and this HUGE accomplishment! What an inspiration for me to get my butt in gear for bigger races. We both have the running bug again! I'm so glad summer is here and racing season is upon us!
Here we all are! Thanks Clark's for coming back with me to support Jake! It meant a lot! We love you guys!Now onto training for the next race :)






10 comments:
Way to go you two that is soooo dang awesome. Even cooler that you did it for your dad. I love the shirt so awesome. One day maybe I will be in good shape and could do that.
oh my heck! GOod job you guys! Way to go erin on your time - very impressive and Jake you rocked! That is awesome! SO proud!
Love the shirt. You know he was smiling down from heaven!
Congratulations!
You both look great! Way to go-especially Jake! (No offense Erin!)
So awesome! Proud of both of you, you guys are amazing and you look fabulous by the way! Love you guys!
You are so awesome! I have always wanted to be a runner, but have never gotten into it. Once again though, visiting your blog has made me cry (over your t-shirt). I need to have a tissue handy whenever I come here... ;)
Congratulations you guys!! So proud of you! And that shirt is just awesome, love the pictures of your dad in the back. Sorry I was not able to run :( I know why I can't run now and hopefully I will be able to start a better cardio work out. Oh by the way you are looking good and fit, way to go hot mama, hehe!! Love you! See you later today :)
That is so awesome you should both be so proud!! And Im sure your dad is SO happy!!
I am so glad we ran together. That really was a fun race and I was more than happy to support you and your dad. Next year we should try the 1/2 if both of our knees and my hip hold up. Congrats to both you and Jake for a great race. Looking forward to our next one. By the way, love your pictures. You need to teach me because I can never get my to turn out so well.
good job you guys, looks like you had fun!
Post a Comment