Since we were out of town this weekend, I prepared all of the Easter things before we left so it would be ready when we got home. Lydia was so happy that the Easter Bunny came even though we were out of town. She got the piano she wanted to add to her dollhouse! She was a good girl in Disneyland and deserved it!! :)
And of course, we hid a bunch of eggs all over the house!
I love getting genuine reactions to things...on our way home from the airport Lydia mentioned that she wanted sparkly eggs. Thank goodness we were on the same brain wave! haha!
She was given this egg picker upper as a gift from her Great Auntie and it was a hit. She played with it for the rest of the night.
Baby brother finally woke up from his nap and got in on the action. This was his first Easter!
After we had been home for a couple of hours, we headed over to Jake's parents house to celebrate Easter with dinner and an egg hunt!
Every grandchild LOVES Grandpa! Here's Timmy & G-pa!
Nate loves him too! He's such a good G-pa!
We've tried to focus on the real meaning of Easter the past few weeks so we've had a couple of FHE's about the resurrection. Lydia's at the the age where she's understanding more so hopefully we're getting through to her and when she's asked about Easter hopefully her answer will be about Christ and not the Easter Bunny! P.S. If you haven't made resurrection rolls yet, you must!!! It's so cool and such a good and simple way to help younger kids understand what Easter is all about.







7 comments:
http://www.sugardoodle.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4308&Itemid=5
I forgot to post the link to the Resurrection Rolls so there it is above if you're interested!
Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! I hope you had the best time at Disneyland. It is my favorite place!
What a fun Easter! Your kids are so adorable. Hope to see you soon!
Thanks for taking pictures! I totally spaced it and left my camera at home. You got some great shots of Poppy with the grandkids. Love the pictures of Lydia looking for eggs. When are you going to post the Disneyland pictures so I can feel the pang of jealousy??
It looks like you guys had a fun Easter in spite of the rush of flying back home :) I love the pictures of Lyds reacting to the eggs, how fun! Oh and it was Nate's 1st Easter, precious! Maybe next year we shouldn't plan a trip on Easter weekend, huh?? Haha!
PS Love Nate's 10 months pictures, he is the most charming baby I know, that smile melts me to pieces :)
I am still laughing at the egg picker upper. Where does your Aunt get her fun things! I love it!
You are amazing with all you do and still pull off the Easter Bunny. You are a good mama!
Glad you had a good Easter!
FUn seeing you on Easter too!
So fun to come home to the bunny!!Love the egg picker upper so funny and great! I will have to try those rolls next year. Glad u got home safe and still got to go play all easter.Can't wait to play Friday yeah!
Post a Comment