This go round I followed my motherly instincts a lot sooner than last time! Three nights ago Nate woke up about every two hours throughout the night so I knew something was wrong. He had a really bad cold so I thought that he just kept waking up when he would try breathing through his nose but couldn't.
Well, the next night....same thing. So I called the doctor and got him in. She looked in his ear and there was a lot of wax deep down in his canal so she had to clean it out before looking for infection. She said that 99% of babies cry their eyes out when you take a sharp stick and shove it in their ear to dig out the wax (wow, really?). Well, not my boy. Every time she stuck it in, he smiled and giggled. It was so funny. Dr. Cox said that he was the happiest baby she'd ever seen. She's not far off there! Looks like someones ears are ticklish!
Turns out he has another infection in the same ear as the one two weeks ago (the left). She put him on a stronger antibiotic so hopefully it will go away completely this time.The swing is where he spends about 70% of his time when he sleeps. As you can see, he's still happy as a clam but if he's not in his swing, he wakes up screaming in pain from his nose congestion and on top of that, his ear infection. Poor kid. So the swing is where he'll be for the next little while but I don't think he seems to mind too much!
4 comments:
Ah shoot! I am sorry another ear infection, darn it!!! I hope it heals completely and doesn't come back ever again. He really is such a happy baby, every time I see him he is content and smiling, hehe! Sorry you had another horrible night :( If it makes you feel better Joe is at the docs office right now with Mathias, we had a long rough night ourselves. We will see maybe we will have an ear infection of our own, ha! Best of luck to both of us :)
That is so sad I hate ear infections. At least you caught it early and he is still happy that is so nice. Way to go on sitting up also he really is so dang cute!!
I'm so sorry he has an ear infection again. That's just SO SAD! I hope he gets better quickly!
DANGIT!!! Nothing worse then sick kids, but made me laugh reading about the giggling while the doc dug in the ear, (laughing)!! Love your fam!
Post a Comment