I hate it when kids are sick! I would much rather have it be me instead (as most parents would)! Within ten minutes of Lydia being home from preschool (12:15pm) yesterday, she said her tummy hurt. So I let her go upstairs and watch Backyardigans in bed. About 2:15pm I hear a cry. I run upstairs and she had finally thrown up all over. Poor thing. She threw up two more times that night and was in and out of sleep all afternoon and evening.
I gotta be honest. Even though a stomach virus is VERY messy, I would rather have that any day of the week as apposed to a fever. Fevers just scare me so much because of the spiking, the shaking, the immense heat all over the their body! Too much for my heart to handle.
So I sat in bed with Lydia for about an hour as we talked (she said some funny things due to being delusional), watched a movie and cuddled. Thank goodness for modern medicine! I was hoping some children's Ibuprofen would help. She finally fell asleep about 4:30 and per her request, I slept in bed with her the rest of the night.
She woke up this morning and thank goodness her fever broke, her body wasn't near as hot as it was last night and she hasn't thrown up at all. Lydia is hardly ever sick (knock on wood); she hasn't been this sick since she was two! I'm glad she's getting back to her old self though. It just breaks my heart to see my kids in pain.
Sorry to Brock and Jordan (and all her preschool friends). Hopefully she didn't give it to any of you! But if your kids get sick, you know who to blame!!! ;) And thanks to Lizzy for bringing over a colored picture to make her feel better! You're the best!
3 comments:
OH NO!! How sad :( I am so sorry she was sick through the night. That picture of her sleeping next to the bucket makes me sad, I hate stomach viruses they are the worst!
If it makes you feel better fevers are not bad and are actually a way the body reacts to make the virus uncomfortable and inhibit it. I know they are scary and its good to keep it in control but its a defense mechanism and a good way to show the body is doing its best to fight away the infection. Sorry if I sound preachy I just hope that helps ease your mind a little :)
Hopefully the virus is making its way out today. I will call you!!
I love the puke bucket pictures we have many of those! I am soooo sorry she is sick. I hope we did not give it to u! Jordan never threw up at all but, he did have a fever and tummy pains a week and a half ago. I hope she feels better soon.How cute r u to watch movies and sleep with her. I am so not that nice.
sad! Poor thing!
Post a Comment