First and Last Camping Trip of the Summer
We've been trying to figure out a weekend to go camping all summer but with the busy summer schedule and little Nate being born, we never made it up into the mountains until last weekend! My BIL Bird's family has mountain property so we went up with them and enjoyed the views and fresh air for a night!

Besides that enjoyment and hanging out with some of our best beds, those were the only good thing about this trip. We knew there was a chance of rain but since this was the only weekend to go, we took the chance. And what do you know, the weather peeps were actually right this time and it rained off and on our whole trip.
Here are most of the kids hiding from the rain while we set up camp!

We got there an hour later than planned so we were fighting the daylight to set up fire, tents and dinner before it got dark. Then it started raining of course so we scrambled to get things done.

By the time dinner was done, it was dark, cold and wet so the kids all wanted to go to bed.

Poor Larry hates the rain, thunder and lightning and he was forced to endure all three. Our dog is a wuss; we love him anyway! Sorry Bud!

Even though the weather sucked, I refused to miss out on my favorite part of camping; sitting down an relaxing around the campfire!
Here's Lyd's making her very first s'more (we've always made it for her in the past)!


I love chatting. laughing and playing games around the fire and just as Ducka and I started a conversation, the rain started hard again so we called it quits and went to bed.
We woke up the next morning to storm clouds rolling in so once again we scrambled to eat breakfast and take down camp. I had to get a picture of Nate on his very first camping experience bundled up warm in the car.

We planned to go for a hike and enjoy nature and just hang out and talk and relax but the weather just wouldn't allow us to do this! So like I said, the camping trip was kind of a bust except for the 2 saving graces...seeing the gorgeous views of their property and having this experience with some of our favorite people. Well, at least this is a trip I'll never forget! Thanks Clarks for having us!
First Annual
Barb-Ute-Que
Jake thought it would be fun to have one last BBQ of the summer and what better way to celebrate than to dedicate the last one to the start of the
2010 Utah Utes Football Season!
Jake sent out an email to some of the biggest Ute fans in the neighborhood inviting them to our party to celebrate this occasion and to come dressed in Ute gear! We had the Utah band music playing, the flag waving, Ute decor and we even made Drum and Feather sugar cookies (the best sugar cookies ever! Jake, you outdid yourself with those this time, so yummy)!


Lydia was so excited for her friends to come over. Here she is dancing (of course) waiting for the party to start!

I love our sign! It's so true! My sweet friend Lynette gave it to us a few years ago and we bust it out every year because yes, all family activities, vacations, etc. come to a halt from September to January due to football season :)

Our cute, little family dressed up in our Ute gear! Larry has a Ute shirt as well but he's a spaz around a lot of people so he wasn't invited to the party!

We grilled burgers and dogs, played volleyball, watched the kids play and of course socialized!

Future cheerleaders Kylie, Tillie, McKenlie and Madelyn!


Heather with Dyson and Jordan!

Lydia and cute, little Iza

Watts Family

I just love my little Lyd's. I have realized that she plays so well with boys because she can hang with the best of them. If you notice in the below pic, Lyd's took a swing at Brock as he blocked it. The went back and forth punching and pushing each other for most of the evening and they loved it and were laughing so hard. Should I be worried? I'm constantly telling her to keep her hands to herself before dance, primary, etc. but when they both love it, what can I do? LOL!

Ellie and Brielle

At the end of the pary Jake played the Fight Song whilst waving the flag in the air (I know, he's crazy obsessed)! Then we noticed Tille had her hand on her heart to show respect (she's been taught well; should've gotten a pic of that)!!!
P.S. Jake's pants are wet due to our cougar fan neighbor running in our backyard screaming "Rise and Shout" as he threw water balloons on Jake! Crazy Cougs trying to put a damper on our party!!

The girls' loved dancing to the music! So precious!

It really was a fun night and I'm so glad we did it! Now my life has come to an end for a while, as I will be husband less for the next few months! Thanks everyone that came, brought food and hung with the Johnsen's. You all are awesome! We had a great time!
GO UTES!!!
5 comments:
Your campground/area looks beautiful! Sorry it rained. Thank goodness we can go next year! Glad you had a good time even though the rain came!
The BBQ/Party was so fun last night! total blast. THe food was yummy - hanging out with everyone was great and the volleyball game was awesome.Your backyard is so awesome!
We love your new picture up top! Adorable!
Izabel is looking at the blog with me and she just leaned over and kissed Jacob tons! It as hilarious! I had pry her away so I could finish reading!
Good times! Thanks for inviting us & love this new tradition!
Thanks for reminding me again why I dont camp:) If you ever want to sit around a fire just come down we have a fire pit in the backyard. As for the party, I understand why we werent invited, I just wish we had known so we could have joined the crazy neighbor in his cougar anthem and water balloon throwing. Im so not ready for football to start.
Sorry the camping trip was not the greatest I can't believe you held out I would have left that night. The BBQ was so fun thanks for inviting us. Good thing Todd is a U fan so we could come! I missed the water balloons was it taylors because I saw them out doing something when we were leaving, way funny!Loved the cookies so cute!
Yay for the BBQ! We had so much fun and it was great to see everyone wearing their UTE clothing. Your cookies were awesome and very cute, hehe! Aside from my child getting brain damage we had a great time, lol! Sorry your camping was not so fun, but like I said our trip sucked so you didn't miss out on anything, haha!
Love Camping!! Looks like a blasteven in the rain!! I LOVE your family Utes picture! So cute!!
Post a Comment