Thursday, September 02, 2010

Lydia's First Sleepover!

Lydia has had sleepovers at her g-pa Johnsen's house and her cousin's house but has never had anyone over to her house for a sleepover. Last week Lydia came up to me and asked if she could have her cousin Lizzy over and I thought sure why not? They both start preschool next week (oh, my I can't believe she's already going to school!!) so last night was the night for Lydia's very first sleep over!
They had so much fun together! They played SingStar. I have a hilarious video of them singing Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody". There's nothing better than seeing your little girl sing an 80's song in which she has no idea what she's talking about. She knows all the lyrics and I think she likes it so much because it's about dancing and what does my daughter love more than anything? Dancing!!!

We made bracelets and necklaces.
I told them both to show off their bracelets and they both posed the same way...so cute!
They went outside and ran through the sprinklers and played in the pool together! They seriously laughed the whole time and loved every minute they spent together. They usually fight all the time since they're more like sisters than cousins but they actually didn't fight once and only had a couple little fits over sharing toys...no biggie, they're 4 years old...they're still learning!

Then they wanted to get on the tramp and show me the stuff that Miss Mo has taught them in dance class. Here are their toe touches. We've gotta work on touching those toes!
Back bends! They talked about Miss Mo a lot throughout the day! Lydia was proud to say that she lived just around the corner from her. They love their Miss Mo!

Then they spend a couple hours out front riding bikes. Before bed they watch a princess movie and ate popcorn!

First sleepover at our house: SUCCESS! Until they woke up at 5AM the next morning. Don't ask me why they did that! So I put on a movie and went back to bed! There was no way I was getting up that early and they refused to go back to bed so I let the t.v. entertain them for a while! Crazy Girls! They SOOO love each other! What would we do without our Lizzy Girl?!! Thanks for coming over Lizzy!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a party! You are such a nice mom! I still have not let Madelyn do that yet! You are brave
Way to go Lyd's on her backbend holy cow! That is awesome!
Love Lyd's! Love yoU!

Bel said...

So much fun! I don't think we will be having a sleep over for a couple more years, I am not ready for it, hehe! It looks like they had an great time hanging out and doing fun activities, way to go!