Saturday, August 21, 2010

Date Night With Friends!

Wow, where do I even begin with this post? We had so much fun last night it was ridiculous! We hadn't laughed that hard in a really long time. We thought it would be fun to do a date night with some friends but we usually do the same old thing, dinner and a movie so last night we turned into a bunch of 14 year old kids and had such a good time together at Lagoon. We love our friends and between the three couples we have 9 kids so it was nice to get out as adults/friends and spend some uninterrupted time together!

Here we are in line for our favorite ride The Samurai!!! Us with the Watts and Jones'
Before take off on some of the roller coasters

Then I got daring and starting taking tons of pictures while getting thrown around on the actual hills of the roller coasters. It was so much fun doing that. Then I realized that I was blinding people with my flash in the dark...and that made it that much funnier, so I took more! Don't be scared of my face...
or of Joey's hangy ball thingy!
Seriously so much fun. I forgot how much fun it was to be carefree and 14 again! I was laughing so hard on these rides that my voice sounded like a 70 year old smokers when I laughed!

Then Jake had the bright idea at the end of the night to go try the wet rides so we went on Rattlesnake Rapids. Heather didn't want to for fear of getting wet but we said we'd protect her, but what do you know...she got wet anyway. Sorry Heath! Boys separated from girls and went on their own raft so we could have room to move around to avoid getting wet...it worked for the most part!
Here we are before we got wet!

Then round 2 we weren't so lucky!

Boom! The two people who came out unscathed in the whole thing and hardly got wet at all...Joey and I. Then we decided to go on it a third time and we weren't so lucky then. I think my pants weighed ten pounds!
You can see the water dripping from Todd's nose! Hilarious! Maybe you had to be there, I don't know! We sure thought we were funny!
Here we are in all our wetness! No I'm not pregnant...I had a baby pooch filled with cameras, phones and watches to protect from the wetness, and I succeeded!
We had such a good time together and can't wait to make this an annual event! We just need to make sure we don't go on the two for one nights. When you do that, you average one ride per hour! Oops! At least we got to spend some good quality time talking in line!

Thanks for coming guys! We had a blast and loved our date night together!!!

3 comments:

Heather Jones said...

SOOOOOO much fun we loved it!! I want to just copy your post then I won't have to do one hehe!! Really though I am so glad we went on the rattel snake rapids best part of the whole night and so worth getting soaked. Thanks for letting us still ride home with you even in wet clothes!we are for sure doing it every year!!

Bel said...

So fun! It looks like everyone had a blast and you certainly look like 14 year old carefree kids, hehe! I am not for thrill rides so I probably would not have enjoyed it as much but Joe would have loved it as well, he loves all that stuff too. It looks like you all had the best time ever, way to go :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

I am still laughing at that night! Oh my gosh we had such a good time! Good time for sure! Round 3 was the best! This has to be a yearly tradition for sure! I can't believe how wet we got! Love you guys!