Thursday, August 19, 2010

Nate is officially 2 months old!

Nate had his two month check up earlier this week and here are my chubby baby's stats:
Weight: 13.5 pounds--97+ percentile
Height: 24.25 inches--95+ percentile
Head: 15.75 inches--50+ percentile
So basically he was a big baby when he was born and he's still a big baby now!
We love this little guy and on July 24th I fell in love with him even more when he smiled at me for the first time! This picture isn't his first smile but here's that cute face nonetheless.

What We Love at Two Months:
He loves taking baths now and just wiggles his way through them!
He loves taking naps in his swing, sleeping in the bassinet at night and having playtime in his little gym. Lydia likes to join him every now and then.
You would never believe me if I told you how much this kid wiggles. It's non stop moving for him. Even when he's in a light sleep he's moving around. And the strength of this baby...forget about it. He's been holding his own head up for a while now.
When he had his circumcision 6 weeks ago, the nurse said she had never seen a newborn that strong before and that same nurse gave him his 2 month shots and again, she said that she could hardly hold his legs down then I reminded her of the circ and she was amazed at his strength and how she's never known a baby to be this strong! Jake might get his wish after all and get himself a Utah football player son! I shouldn't be surprised about any of this though...he moved non stop in the womb and his kicks always hurt me so bad due to his strength!
But my absolute favorite thing about this baby boy is his smile and his coo. He smiles and talks all the time and I love it.




Of course every time I get out the video camera he stops smiling and talking because he's too busy looking at the camera in his face. I'll get it soon though!

We love you Big Nate Dogg! Happy Two Months!

6 comments:

Emilee said...

So sweet, I cant believe that he is already 2 months old. Thats so crazy.

Heather Jones said...

Love when they smile it is the best! He is so cute and it is o.k. to be big when you are a boy I wish mine were!! See you tomarrow yeah!!!

Bel said...

What a cutie! I love that you finally caught his smile he is just adorable. Wow I have not seen him for a couple of weeks and he looks bigger already, crazy. Happy 2 months baby boy, by the rate you are growing you will be bigger than Mathias by next month, hehe!

Joey and Nettifer said...

LOVE it! Love chubby babies! I could eat him alive and then nibble on him some more! He is so precious and that smile! Just melts your heart!
He looks so much like you and Lyd's in that picture - so cute!
Where is the time going!
So glad he likes that bassinet!

Clark Family said...

Those are some great pictures. He is a doll!! I have to say the one of him in the duck towel looks just like Jake when he was little. You know, Jake and I were little buddies when he was a young cat. Remember when you were looking for pictures for your 30th birthday party and all the pictures of Jake had me in them. Yeah, we were buds - just like today, best buds :) I just chuckled a little at my comment. Anyway, enough about me and Jake's bond, Nate is a cutie!!

Marti said...

What a sweet boy! It was so great to see you and your adorable fam at the wedding last week. Seriously love that Lydia is such a little spit fire and such a little drama girl! Makes me feel so much better! :) Love that Nate is smiling at you...precious!