Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Nathaniel's Blessing Day...August 1st, 2010

Dear Nate,

August 1st, 2010 was a very special day for you! You were blessed by your father and what a wonderful blessing it was. Your father told you many things that I will write down for you to keep always. Read those words and remember them.

We love you Nate and are so happy that you have joined our family. You are such a sweet little baby. You never cry; only when you're hungry or tired and even then you never cry when you're being cuddled by someone.

After the blessing we had family and friends over for some breakfast to celebrate your day! It was SOOO hot so a lot of people ended up inside in the air conditioned house :) We spent all day Saturday grocery shopping, cleaning the house, mowing, weeding and setting up for the big event and everything turned out wonderfully! Altough a few extra hours in that day would have been nice...we needed them!
Here you are with your Grandpa Rodney, the wonderful man that you were named after.
Grandpa with his two newest grandchildren #27 Nate and #28 Jemima
Uncle Jared and cousins Jemima and Jeremiah
Great Gma Neva and Great Gpa Herb
Cousins Caleb and Sammy
Cousins Kate and Elle
Cousin Taylor
Thanks to all of our friends that came. We really appreciate it.
Sherrie, Anabel, Joe and Mathias
Lyd's with her friends Cambree and Brielle
Mama with her friend Anabel
Mama with her baby boy
Lyette, Joey and Izabel
The happy Johnsen family! Nate, we love you and will continue to love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Mom, Dad and Lydia
We were lucky enough to have our good friends the Pehrson's drive up from Fairview to enjoy this day. The stayed with us until Monday afternoon so we went to lunch and then said goodbye. We just love Ben, Emilee and Cambree and can't wait to meet their little boy that will be here in January!!! Thanks for sacrificing your sleep to be with us. We always have so much fun with you guys. We always laugh so hard when we're together and we love you guys for that. You're an amazingly hilarious couple and are so glad that we know you guys!!!
(No clue what Lydia is doing)
Nate's Blessing Outfit
I found an outfit at White Elegance and I loved it on him. Of course since I have a big boy, he wore size 3-6 months and it fit him perfectly. Here are some pictures I took of him in his blessing outfit!
I LOVE his tiny, little bow tie!

So sad!


Even though he's a big boy, I still get to enjoy his tiny, little baby toes!

He just loves his binky. Lydia wasn't a binky baby so it's nice to be able to calm his little wiggles by shoving a binky in his mouth!

We love you Nate Dogg! Happy Blessing day!

6 comments:

Bel said...

Thanks for letting us be there for such a special day. We love little Nate and we are so happy he has come to join us. Jake did such a great job on the blessing. Loved that Lyds and Bri just love to play together, so sweet :) Cute little outfit, love the bow tie as well, hehe!

Joey and Nettifer said...

By gosh it was a WONDERFUL blessing and surrounded by so many wonderful men to support and love him through out his life! Amazing! They day perfect and besides the wonderful sun making us all glow - the food was yummy company was awesome and Naters looked so stinking cute in his outfit! Thanks for the invite. I love the pic of my family together and cute Iza looking at Joey! I borrowed it if you don't mind :)
THanks for the invite! He is precious!

Heather Jones said...

First what a fun family trip that is so awesome you all got together! I bet it is pure crazyness and fun. Congrats on blessing nate he looks so cute in his little outfit. It is so neat Jake has so many brothers to be in the circle,Ours was so small it was weird. Thanks for the invite sorry we had to teach class I bet it was so nice. Jake gave a great testimony!

Emilee said...

I am so glad that we got to be there. It is always so fun being with you guys. We would have sacrificed much more than sleep to come:) It was honesty one of the most amazing blessings. You have some pretty special kids and we love you guys!

Draper's said...

Babt Nate is so sweet. I LOVE his blessing outfit with the cute bow tie. I love your vacation, with 46 people that is impressive.

Delibette said...

What a perfect day! Your little man is so cute. I still enjoy Ayden's tiny toes and he is 2 yrs old ;)