Here we are waiting for the show to start.
They came out and sang one of her favorite songs "Big Red Car" and she didn't smile once.
Murray up close and personal.
She didn't even smile when Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus came out...I know, once again you all are so jealous that I got to go and you didn't!!! Secretly, I actually think their songs are cute and don't mind listening to them :) I really enjoy having children because it gives me an excuse to watch the Disney channel. I love it, what can I say?! Wholesome and clean! Don't hate!
So on the very last song, I talked Lydia into getting off of my lap and clapping along with them. Yikes my child is shy!!! Even though Lydia was so extremely shy, she still says she had so much fun and so did I. I loved our mommy/daughter date!
On Saturday morning I was able to go and support my SIL as she ran the half marathon in Provo! She killed it and ran it in like 1 hour 53 minutes. That's like 8 1/2 minute miles. Nice work Ducka! I'm so proud of you! You inspire me to start running and train for my first half next year!
Saturday night we got to enjoy some of Jake's smoked BBQ with friends and then we all headed to Lagoon. We've been so many times this season that we've definitely gotten our money's worth with our season passes.
Then on Sunday afternoon, our friends the Newell's invited us to go to the park and feed the ducks and play around in the park. Well, the pond was closed for oil spill clean up (go figure) so we just hung out and played on the grass.





Nate is smiling and cooing all the time now but I'm never fast enough with my camera so I never get the full smile. I'll get it one day but until then, here's his cute half smile!
There were a couple lingering seagulls hanging around so we thought we could feed the birds since we couldn't feed the ducks and before we knew it there were about 8 that flew down. After about 3 minutes of feeding them some little kid came around and scared them all off ruining the girls' fun. Oh well, they didn't seem to mind!
5 comments:
You even know all the character names! LOL! You kill me.
Lagoon was fun and the food was yummy. Thanks for the invite and good times with the newell's!
Love it!!! I love going on Mommy/Daughter dates. Your little guy is darling. I still don't think I have really gotten to see him in person.
Fun packed weekend for you guys! So awesome. Glad we could spend a little bit of time hanging out. Good job Ducka on running, she did awesome! So fun to have a BBQ and Lagoon in one day, glad you guys had a good time :) Oh and that wiggles concert looks interesting Bri has never seen them or cared for them so I am not sure what they are about but so cute that you took Lyds, love mommy/daugther dates.
I am a huge follower of your blog and yours is about the only one I follow. I have to be honest. That picture of your sister-in-law, Ducka (what a weird name) is horrible. She looks just like a guy I went to high school with, Jason Johnsen but people called him Herb. They could be twins but she has frizzy, long hair. Ducka (??) looks a little crazy to me. Who makes that kind of face when running?? At least she has an awesome sister-in-law to support her running. You sure are a neat gal!!
- Jessica Clark
That is so fun for you two! Mommy daughter dates are the best! I think that iscute you took her even if she was scared! Wish we had Lagoon passes with you all. We get to go Sat. for Todds work if you happen to be there!
Post a Comment