Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lizzy's Birthday!

I love that Lydia has a cousin so close in age to her. It's like she already has a built in sister to play with. Her cousin Elizabeth is two months and two days older than Lydia and they are inseparable.

On Friday, Lizzy had an Ariel Water Party for her birthday and of course Lydia was so excited to go. Before I left her there, I had to get a picture of the two of them. Seriously, they really do act more like sisters than friends or cousins. If they're not fighting or tattling on each other, they are getting along perfectly...or my daughter is just beating the crap out of her. Either way, they love each other and always make up and continue being best friends and getting into mischief together.
I didn't have a sister growing up but I did have the best cousin ever and some of the most special memories of my childhood are with her, my cousin Melissa. And I hope that that's how Lizzy and Lydia are; built in best friends for life who laugh non stop together and who grow to love each other more and more! And hopefully the fighting will stop with their growth and maturity...hopefully :)

Here's Lydia with some of her favorite cousins. Seriously, we love the Clark kids! Thanks for the party invite. Lydia had a blast!

3 comments:

alisquire said...

That is so cute. I can't picture Lydia beating the crap out of anyone, though! She's so sweet!

Clark Family said...

I am honored that Lizzy's birthday had its very own post. You are just too gracious. I can't tell you how glad I am that Lizzy has Lydia. She is surrounded by brothers with no hopes of a sister. Thank goodness she has Lyd forever. She was even asking today if she could play with Lydia. Obviously the little spats they get in have no lasting memory. I LOVED the post but I LOVE that Lizzy has Lydia even more. Thanks for the kind words.

Anonymous said...

Aww cousin,, you were a part of all my GOOD memories growing up as well,,, I will never forget them and hold them close to my heart.. we spent soo much time together.. it saddens me as my boys don't really even know their cousins but ohwell it is what it is... Love you and see you soon:)