Thursday
Tulip Festival
Thanksgiving Point
I've never been to the tulip festival and I have to say, it was gorgeous. Since we have TP passes, we thought we'd try and make it down once a week this summer. This was a fun week; I couldn't believe how many flowers there were. And I've definitely found my favorite. I'm not sure of the name of this tulip but I think it's beautiful and I can't wait to plant some of these at my house this fall.
It was so gorgeous and a perfect day to go down. The weather was wonderful. They had waterfalls, streams, animals and of course millions of flowers!!!
Lydia got to hold a white bunny just like the one she has at home and she also got to hold a baby bunny that was just under 3 weeks old. Precious!!!
Here's Madelyn and Lydia at the Italian gardens. It was breathtaking and these pictures don't do this place justice! We had a great time though!
Friday
Aaron and Jillesha's Wedding Day!
Well, Aaron and Jillesha got married! Leash was a beautiful Bride and we're happy that they FINALLY tied the knot (7 years isn't that long right? ;)
The place was really pretty...more streams and flowers. What a beautiful weekend we had.
I was a nervous wreck though. I was asked to perform at the wedding and before every performance I can't eat anything because I'm so nervous so I didn't get to enjoy the yummy food. So after Dessert, Darcie and I performed a piece called "Meditation" by Jules Massenet.I played the flute and Darcie played piano. My mom hasn't heard me play in years and since she's the reason I play the flute, Jake recorded it so she could hear it. Of course the video is not downloading so I'll post it later this week. I was happy with it though...I'm just glad I didn't mess up :)
-----------------------
For Lydia's summer gift we got her her first tricycle and she loves it although she doesn't know how it works yet. She pushes one pedal but doesn't realize she needs to push the other one to keep going. I know she'll get it eventually!
Saturday
Terrified. She had a good time though, she just doesn't understand the tingling in her tummy yet. Here she is with Lizzy going down a slide.
Lydia and Ben jumping.
We had a great weekend and ended it with witnessing the blessing of sweet little Izabel Watts. She looked absolutely gorgeous in her white dress and we were so glad that we got to be a part of her special day! And WOW, all that food was so YUMMY!! Thanks Watts!
Saturday Sammy's B-day party
Kangaroo Zoo
We celebrated Sammy's (nephew on Jake's side) b-day by wearing the kids out at K Zoo. Lydia cried and didn't want to go on anything so I forced her down one slide (she screamed the whole time) and after it was over she said, "We went down the slide huh?" with a big smile on her face. We stayed for a couple hours and every slide we went down, Lydia's face looked like this...
6 comments:
Holy Cow you had the funniest week ever! TP, Kangaroo Zoo, fun wedding, a new bike! Love it! Maybe Lydia can teach Madelyn how to ride a bike -
I would just die if Madelyn did that to my car - at least your leather will be nice and soft. I love when I catch Madelyn doing something wrong and she just starts crying before I even have to say anything because she knows she is being naughty - so here is the real questions - why do they do it then if they know it is wrong? Love Lyds
Thanks again for yesterday & for Jake's prayer - still makes me get choked up how thoughtful he was!
Wow what a fun weekend you really had a busy week but an entertaining one. Love Lydia's face on the slide so cute. I can't wait to see the video of your performance. Thank you also for bringing dinner for my family last week. It was very yummy and my husband looooooves the peanut butter ball chocolate so I will need the recipe. Thank you again for thinking about my family. You are the BEST!
I didn't know Miss Johnson was getting married so soon. What will her name be now? Will she be staying at WPA? Ellie took her in a tulip the other day, so I hope she sticks around.
I am also happy to see that Jillesha tied the knot. ;)
What a fun weekend. I bet you did beautifully at the wedding, actually I know you did because my mom said so! Can't wait to hear it. Jillesha looks beautiful! We almost got Kinnie a trike for Christmas but we figured it was a bit too early for her to learn anyways. I bet Lydia catches on quickly, I will have to think about one for this next year perhaps.
yeah i made the blog!
Post a Comment