Saturday, May 09, 2009

"These are a few of my favorite things..."

Lately, I just can't get enough of Lydia (I've been especially grateful for her the past 24 hours)!!! She really is one of Heavenly Father's choice daughters. I know she has her bad moments (as we all do) but overall, she is such a good girl filled with so much love and sweetness. I thought I'd take a moment and post some of Lydia's favorite things.
As we all know, Lydia LOVES music but as of late, when I put her bed she MUST have her microphone with her when we sing goodnight songs to her. And of course you can't forget her Bunny. So this is what we see every night when we check on her before we go to bed.
We'll be singing her songs and she's rockin' that mic singing at the top of her lungs, eyes squinted, mouth wide open and not a single care in the world. I love it. Her new favorite thing is to request that we sing songs that don't exist so we have to make up songs to whatever she tells us to. Her favorite requests are for us to sing the "door song," the "light song," the "bunny song," and the "mommy and daddy songs." You should hear some of the lyrics and melodies that Jake and I come up with. It's hilarious...and weird but Lydia LOVES it :)
Another love of Lydia's (no surprise here either) is dogs. No matter how big, she's right in there ready to give he or she some loves.
This is Champ and Lydia couldn't care less that he outweighs her by 90 pounds. I love how sweet she is with animals (except for her own) and how concerned she is about them after they have left her presence. She just wants to know that they're ok...my soft-hearted little girl :)
Another thing Lydia is really into is the place where she can "jump like a kangaroo" with her other favorites, her cousins "Lizzy-Will" (she can't say one of their names without the other). She went again the Monday before this with her friend Lincoln. She just can't get enough of this place!
Here's Lydia's little bff, Lizzy!

I am so grateful for this little angel who was brought into my life with no problems, and knowing that Heavenly Father blessed me with the chance to raise this little miracle makes it all the more worth while.

The fact that he trusts us enough to give Jake and I this perfect little spirit to raise is such a blessing. Some people say that they can tell what great parents we are due to how well-behaved she is but I say that that's just not true. We were just so, so, so lucky to have a little girl that is just naturally sweet, kind, caring and loving. Yes we have our bad moments but from this time on, I will NEVER take this gift, my sweet Lydia, for granted.

My heart is full.

3 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

WE love Lydia too! Madelyn & I Love this post about our little precious! I wish I could be a bug on the wall as you sang those songs! What good parents you are!

Margo said...

You are such a GREAT MOM and I LOVE the Music on your blog so uplifting. Lydia is such a sweetheart the things our children make us feel it's priceless. BTW Happy Mother's Day to you and thank you for being my friend and for your great example. You Are The Best! Love ya.

Emilee said...

Happy Mothers Day! Please know how much we love you guys. You are so amazing and the Lord always knows just what we need. When we got Cambree and she was such a good baby, I knew it was nothing I was doing, but the grace of our Heavenly FAther knowing what we needed in our little family. We need to get together soon. Our prayers are with you!
Love you
Em