Lydia got to go on her very first pony ride. A lot of times, she isn't very expressive so you can't tell if she's having a good time or not. When the ride was over she wanted to get back on, so I guess that's a sign that she enjoyed herself :)And today, thanks to the prompting of my friend Janell, I got to sing in the stake choir for Stake Conference this afternoon. They prefered us to stay on the stand the whole two hours instead of bouncing back and forth and can I just say how different it is sitting without having to entertain children and not being able to talk to your neighbor for that long. It was amazing the spirit that I felt. Our first song was a beautiful arrangement of "I Stand All Amazed" and toward the end, the conductor started crying and of course I had to lip sync the last few bars because I always cry when others do. I felt the spirit so strong and for the rest of the meeting that spirit stayed with me and I was uplifted. Our last number was "This is the Christ" and of course I had to keep it together and not cry so I would stay in tune. But reading the words as I was singing them just reaffirmed the testimony that I have of Christ. He is my Savior and I know that He died for me. What a great example of love He is and I can only hope that I will be able to raise my children to know of the importance of this gospel and of their elder brother, Jesus Christ.
"I read His words, the words He prayed
While bearing sorrow in Gethsemane;
I feel His love, the price He paid
How many drops of blood were spilled for me?
With saints of old in jouyful cry, I too can testify:
This is the Christ;
This is the Christ, the holy Son of God,
Our Savior, Lord, Redeemer of mankind
This is the Christ, the healer of our souls
Who ransomed us with love divine."
2 comments:
love that we got passes! we have to go 10 times to make it worth it! yeah - watch out TP here we come!
lyd's was so good yesterday in church you would have been proud!
Wow I love Thanksgiving Point looks like the girls had so much fun. Love Lydia's picture playing the flute so darn cute. I thought I saw you in the choir!:) I too was touched by the songs very uplifted and it just strengthened my testimony even more. BTW thanks for the cookies and the message you've shared it was so sweet of you guys. I love your music on your blog very uplifted. You are such a great example.
Post a Comment