Tuesday, May 05, 2009

FHE and Meditation...

Yesterday for Family Home Evening I decided to change it up a bit and get out of the house. The lesson was on Temples so we packed up a picnic dinner and headed up to the Bountiful Temple. We had a picnic in the park and learned about all the different things that we do inside the temple. We had a little craft and sang songs. I can't get enough of my precious little angel singing "I love to see the Temple". I borrowed my friends children's church cd's last week and they have that song on it with both verses so Lydia knows the second verse now. Although she has no idea what she's saying it is the sweetest thing in the world to hear her little voice sing the words:

"I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey"
As cheesy as it sounds my heart is so full when I hear her sweet singing voice.


Pretty much 100% of what I taught about temples went straight over Lydia's head but the spirit was felt and I know that is how you begin to teach a child, through the spirit. By teaching her the things that she may not undertstand now, because of her age, I know that it will build a strong foundation that she can continue to build on as she grows. I love you Lydia. I have a testimony that if you live righteously you will enter the temple one day, make promises to the Lord and if you keep those covenants you will be able to live an eternal life with your family by your side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So here is the link to the performance that Darcie and I did at Jillesha and Aaron's wedding. I finally got it to download to youtube. I just can't figure out how to get the video directly on this blog, so I just posted the link if you're interested in watching it. Just ignore Jared (Jake's brother) who is desperate for attention :)

4 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

you get the award for being the best mom ever! My gosh your FHE totally kick butt! Love that idea. I might have to copy it!!
Are you talking about the CD's from me? I gave them to you to have! They were a present. If you aren't talking about those CD's. Disregard this and I am an idiot
Love you though!

Marti said...

What a great FHE! We might have to give that one a shot ourselves. Lydia is looking so big...definitely ready to be a big sister. :)

And your performance with Darcie was beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Props to your mom for sending you to lessons.

Margo said...

What a fun and uplifting FHE. I thought about doing something like that when it gets a little warmer. You are the BEST Mom Ever. BTW love your performance video when are you playing for us in sacrament.:)

Cammy Aller said...

Love your post, what a great FHE