Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tree Hunting & The Polar Express

For FHE we went out for our Annual Christmas Tree Search. We usually go for the big, round and beautiful trees, but this year we decided to go for the Charlie Brown look. We were told about this place just north of our house on Redwood Road called Clem's Closeout Center...they sell trees there, go figure. So this year, we bought our 9 1/2 foot tree for $12. Not too shabby!

We think he's handsome!

Yesterday, we went with some family and friends to Heber City to ride the Heber Creeper. During the Christmas season they turn the train into the Polar Express just like the book. When we got there, we jumped in our designated train car and rode up to the North Pole, picked up Santa then headed back home. On the way up, they gave us hot chocolate, we ate Mrs. Claus' "homemade" cookies and we read the Polar Express book. It was really cute.

Here's Grandpa Johnsen with some of the grandkids.

More grandkids (9 of the grandkids made it)...sorry I chopped off the Watts' heads...oops, my bad! We thought it would be so cute to have Madelyn and Lydia in matchie, matchie pj's.
The ride was an hour and a half.

We sang songs together, we met Mrs. Claus then picked up Santa at the N. Pole (I love the way Lydia is looking at Santa),
and we had lots of fun with cousins. Every time Lizzy would come back to visit our seat, Lydia would have an instant laugh and smile for her and so would Lizzy. They kept staring at each other giggling. Who knows what secrets they share :) Best Friends For Life!

9 comments:

TeamTyson said...

How cute is that? I want to go. We just watched the Polar Express last night, my kids would love that. Thank you, you just gave us something to do tomorrow night. By the way I am sorry I ripped those toys out of your hands at Walmart on black Friday. Shopping brings out the CRAZY in me!!

Clark Family said...

Well aren't you getting all technical these days with your post. Adding phrases and multiple pictures - darling! I love all the pictures you took, be sure to send them my way. I am so glad Lizzy has Lydia, especially since she will be surrounded by brothers. Looks like you guys had fun!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

It was so fun! Thanks again for the invite! Love the subtitles for Lyd's and Santa- you kill me!

Joey and Nettifer said...

PS your tree rocks! Love it . I love Charlie brown trees the best!

Emilee said...

So fun, I looked into going, but probably not this year. I am glad you guys had a good time. We definitely need to get together, we still have Lyds birthday present. WE are terrible.

Margo said...

Love your Christmas tree so unique and beautiful. Ours is fake I know how blame is that. I would love to take my kids to the Polar Express what a fun thing to do with the kids during this holiday season. You guys know how to have fun. I will definitely join you next year.

Heather Jones said...

So fun, my gilrs love the polar express they have been twice with Todds parents. We have the book and movie and they get a lot of use. Love your tree.

A and L Stapley said...

The Heber Creeper sounds like it was so much fun, and a good way to spend time with family/friends during the holiday season. Lydia looks so cute with Santa!

danielle and jason said...

Okay, hilarious...Jas loves Clems. He was always going there and coming back w/ some "rare" (expired) food item that I was never going to eat. I didn't know they sold Christmas trees---your tree is super cute!