Today was a great day for me...Lydia and I had our first jam session! It was adorable. I'm trying to play my flute more frequently so I'm not so rusty when I'm asked to play in church (which I have to do in 2 weeks, yikes).
So I got out my flute, my flute accompaniment cd's and a mic for Lyd's.
I started playing and she started singing.
And boy did she sing.
It was freakin' awesome.
I was so proud.
I've ALWAYS loved music and to see my little Lyd's enjoying herself singing with her mommy was the best feeling. It may sound weird to some, but music is so special to me and to share that with my daughter was so sweet. I'll always cherish all of our special times together and this moment was no exception.
Lydia sang before she talked.....every day we sing songs together......she loves to dance.....she loves music.....more and more she's just like her mommy,
and I LOVE it :)
P.S. Go to this website
and Santa will personally talk to you. It's so cute!
9 comments:
Good for you
I love moments like that! I also love good days like that!
How sweet I think Music should be part of everyone's life. How cute that Lydia had learned to sing first before talking. She is such a doll. BTW thanks for the cookies they were delicious. I am so excited you guys are my visiting teachers. Awesome.
How fun, I wish I had some kind of musical talent to pass on. I am afraid that if I ever tried to sing to our (some day kids) I would make them tone deaf. :) And I am not exaggerating, my family could vouch for it. :)
i didnt even know you could play the flute, thats awesome!
What a cutie!! I know I've been so awful at posting and commenting...there's no excuse...Your family pictures turned out so great!! You look gorgeous! :)
That is so dang cute, I love the flute. It will be fun to hear you play. Enjoy the singing now, my girls love to sing and they scream over eachother to see who is louder and It drives us nuts!!! I tried going to that web site and it just freezes. I think it is my crapy computer so sad.
Those are absolutely the best moments. And as for only seeing us 7 times, I think that 5 has been this year. I am glad we are seeing each other more and we need to get together before the year ends. What are you doing Saturday afternoon? Dec 20th? or Friday night the 19th?
amen to that! as a matter of fact, i was just thinking today of a silly moment a couple of weeks ago when the kids and i blasted "part of your world" in the car. it caught me off guard when i got completely choked up and all the sudden had to fight back tears! the little mermaid?!? really? i couldn't finish singing the song because i was trying to keep my composure! lol. i love music, too, and i think that good music (yes, even the little mermaid) really invites the spirit and fills your heart, and it is so neat to see your children feel that, and to see them growing that same love for music right before your eyes! it's the one thing i know for sure i am doing right as a mom. anyway, sorry so long winded, just wanted to share that. i know exactly how that feels!
Post a Comment