Saturday, December 20, 2008

And the Winner Is...drumroll please!

By a vote of 17 to 12, the winner of the
4th Annual Gingerbread House Making contest is
HOUSE B
Jake and Erin
It was close this year. Last year the vote was 19 to 1 so it was a bit more challenging to pull out a win this year but we did it...and it feels good :)
It's a fun tradition that we have and we can't wait til next year.
Thanks Danny and Katie for the good times and hosting it at your house this year.
I finally finished Lydia's 2nd b-day video. If anyone is interested in watching it, here's the link. It's nothing fancy, just something for Lyd's to have when she get's older.
On Friday night, Jake and I put together a date night (the classic dinner and a movie) with our friends' the Watts and Davies. We ate the most delicious sushi rolls EVER at Happy Sumo and afterward, we saw "7 Pounds" with Will Smith. Loved it!!! Lynette and I pretty much cried our way through it. Lynette's excuse: she's prego. Mine: I'm just a big, emotional baby...all the time.
Thanks for hanging out kids. It was fun.
------------------
Last Wednesday (the 17th), Lydia and I surprised Jake with this sign:
(HAPPY 10 YR KIDNEY ANNIVERSARY!)
10 years ago both of Jake's kidneys failed. Long story short, he was put on dialysis for four months while all of the paperwork/surgery stuff was scheduled and the proper donor was found. Jake's brother Josh was a match so he so unselfishly donated his kidney to his little brother. Shout out to you Joshy! Post surgery the doctor's told Jake that his kidney would last about ten years. Well that time has come and gone and as Jake says, "Everything from here on out is gravy baby!"
I love you Jake more than you'll ever know, you really have no idea. You're my best friend and I know we were meant to be together and one of the reasons I know this is because of the perfect little angel that we created together :) I'm so thankful for technology and the blessing that it is to live in these latter days because I have you here with me, healthy and strong, to share our life together.
Here's to another ten years with Joshy's kidney...Cheers!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My jaw is on the floor. I was wrong. I guess this calls for a congratulations! Ha!

Nicole said...

Good job on the gingerbread house! What a fun tradition. I totally forgot about Jake's kidneys and Josh donating one of his. Pretty amazing. Congrats on 10 years Jake!

Joey and Nettifer said...

I wonder what my excuse will be when I cry the after the baby gets here? Friday was a blast!!!!!!! So was saturday! In my own little world. I rock at UNO!! We are so playing it Tuesday night!

Glad you guys pulled a win out - I started to get nervous when Jake called me up threatening me, because I voted for the wrong house!

Way to go on the Kidney Jacob! I hope it lasts another 10 years! We need to keep you around!

Margo said...

Good job on the win. My vote was totally going to your house I just don't know what happened?:)LOL. I didn't know for Jake. Yeah for 10 years and wish you for many many more years to come. Thank you for your example of faith and your sweet spirit. You guys are the best.

Melissa Morgan said...

Hey thanks for your comment on the picture...it helps when you have a talented sister-in-law photographer. Laura does such a great job, we are lucky! We hope you guys have a great Christmas! Give Jake a high five for me....10 years....so awesome!!!

melynda said...

secretly i voted for you, but didnt say because i didnt want to get it wrong!!! what a cute sign you made for your hubby, and what sweet words. you are such a thoughtful person.

ps. does you hubby ever smile in pictures!?!?!