Friday:
Our first party was for Jake's work. Hung out, chatted, ate BBQ, played Rockband where Jake killed it on the singing. Nice job honey. Good times were had by all. We all like "The Office" right? So do all of Jake's co-workers. Jake and Marci decided to create their own version of the Dundee awards and give them out that night. Jake was the ring leader of course and handed out all the awards. It was hilarious. And it's not a party without Jake (at the request of many) doing his "But they'll never take our freedom" speech from "Braveheart"...always the center of attention.
Saturday:
Ward Christmas Breakfast. Watched a slide show, watched a play members of the ward put on (Jake was Nephite #7 and of course one of his lines had to have a valley girl accent; always the funny man) and we visited Santa. Lydia didn't cry. She just sat there wondering why she was sitting there :)
Later that day Lydia and Madelyn had to go play in the many inches of snow we got that day.
Sunday:
Annual Johnsen cousin get together. I forgot my camera but let me tell you, it's a madhouse. Jake's family is SOOO big I think the church gym is even getting too small. No exaggeration. But it was fun catching up with everyone.
And finally, we had our
4th Annual
Gingerbread House Making Contest
with our friends Danny and Katie on Saturday night. This is a VERY competitive event for us. We hate the candy they give in the box, so we always go out and get our own after thinking of marvelous ideas for our house. Anyway, we put it to a vote and leave it all in your hands, the viewers of my blog. Please look at the pictures closely and vote for your favorite house. To make it fair, we leave it anonymous and after all the votes are tallied, I'll announce the winner in a week. One vote per person, but everyone in your house can vote. C'mon people, this is serious business. This year, we got to the point where next year we might use a sheet so there is no looking and cheating. If you know the Johnsen's, you know their competitive nature :) If you don't have a blogger account, you can leave a comment anonymously but put your name after your vote. We don't want anyone cheating now! Happy voting.
HOUSE A
House:
Front Yard:
Roof:
Ariel View:
Sunday:Annual Johnsen cousin get together. I forgot my camera but let me tell you, it's a madhouse. Jake's family is SOOO big I think the church gym is even getting too small. No exaggeration. But it was fun catching up with everyone.
And finally, we had our
4th Annual
Gingerbread House Making Contest
with our friends Danny and Katie on Saturday night. This is a VERY competitive event for us. We hate the candy they give in the box, so we always go out and get our own after thinking of marvelous ideas for our house. Anyway, we put it to a vote and leave it all in your hands, the viewers of my blog. Please look at the pictures closely and vote for your favorite house. To make it fair, we leave it anonymous and after all the votes are tallied, I'll announce the winner in a week. One vote per person, but everyone in your house can vote. C'mon people, this is serious business. This year, we got to the point where next year we might use a sheet so there is no looking and cheating. If you know the Johnsen's, you know their competitive nature :) If you don't have a blogger account, you can leave a comment anonymously but put your name after your vote. We don't want anyone cheating now! Happy voting.
HOUSE A
House:

Front Yard:
Roof:
Ariel View:
HOUSE B
House
House

Front Yard:
Roof:
Ariel View:
We had 19 votes last year and hope to break that record this year, so please vote and let's just hope our's wins. This is my blog after all :)
Roof:
We had 19 votes last year and hope to break that record this year, so please vote and let's just hope our's wins. This is my blog after all :)
27 comments:
I vote for house A - I hope I am picking the Johnsen's!
I vote for House A. It is such a cute little GingerBread House. I sure hope it's yours if not I vote for House B. No just kidding.:)LOL. House A has my vote.
My vote is for A. Good night, and good luck.
I am voting for the first, Good luck, hey we also got your Christmas card is so cute, your family is too cute and I must say you are gorgeous cousin. I love you and will miss you this Christmas!
Lis
I definately vote for house B. I LOVE the logs. Nice touch. And I love the trees. How did you make them with all the different sizes? Great job.
Jan
House B gets my vote. The detail in the yard is impressive and I really like the zig zag design on the roof. The roof on house A is just....well...... not creative. HOUSE B for sure!
Tim Erickson
Im voting for House B. Dont hate Jake if its not yours.
House B
Adam Shffield
This is a tough one. I like both of them but if I HAD to choose Id say House B because the front yard is just soooooo cool. Hope that helps.
Marci B.
I am voting for house B... Both are amazing, sure beats all the ones I've ever tried doing! I loved you Christmas pictures btw.. You guys are awesome..It took me a minute to figure out the message, but I got it! Love you!
I am going to say house b because they had the cute trees and logs going for them, but i do like the tree on house A!
This year was much harder than last year's vote. I really liked both houses but I am going to vote for House B. I liked the front of the house with the big wreath and the logs in the front yard - clever!
Love making gingerbread houses. I have to say both are great but I agree with the last few house B for the cute yard. Good luck!!!
Shawn and I vote for the first one! The tree sold me on A!
Definately house B. The detail in the yard is WAY better.
Marcus
I vote for house B
Linda
I choose house A. Very neat and clean. House B great path but I choose A!
GREG WOOD
My vote is for House A.
So cute! Love everything right down to the M&M trees.
although there are things about both that i love, i'm gonna have to pick house A! i love the peppermint candy roof and the tree out front! dang it! i wish i would have seen your blog before we did our houses then i would have made one this year and blown everyone away! (yes i would have copied ... i am a copier - it's the only way to go)
I am going to pick House B. It wasnt an easy choice but I like the logs.
Bones
My vote is house A. They are both adorable. Good luck. I don't think we are going to be able to come up this weekend. We definitely need to get together after Christmas. I do need your address too. Can you email it to me.
I vote for house B. I love the path and the roof.
Chad Dunbar
I haven't commented because I really can't decide...I know my vote is so very important so I did not want to vote in haste....my decision is house B, and the one and ONLY reason I picked B was for the logs in the front yard, because I loved house A's tree.
I like house B. I just like it better i don't know why. It looks better.
Although both lokked great, Rylan and I vote for house...A.
Merry Christmas!
Im voting for house B. In my opinion it is more creative than house A. Anyone can glue peppermints to a rooftop, but it looks like the mm zig zag took longer
House B
Sorry if I insulted you Jake
Allyson Dunbar
I know which one is yours Johnsens. That being said, I vote for house B. I'd be happy to explain if you insist.
House B!
Post a Comment