Our whole weekend was filled with our friends Lynette, Joey and Madds and we LOVED it.
On Friday, Lynette made me get my butt out of bed at 2:45am to get an "early" start on the Black Friday shopping. We got to Walmart at 3:15am and the parking lot was already full. The Centerville Walmart is opened 24 hours so we headed in and there were already a lot of people hovering over their selection. You see, even though it's a 24 hour store, they still have all of the sale items wrapped in plastic in the main isles until 5am.
As Lynette was staking her claim on the item she wanted (there were only 6), I went off and planned out my 5am route to get toys for Lynette, Ducka and myself!
Just as the clock struck 5, the sound of plastic ripping and people screaming rang in the air. My heart was pounding with excitement (hey, you had to be there) so I knew it was time to shop!
I reached in for the first toy and what do you know, it was suddenly ripped from my hands. So I tried again, and BAM, taken from me again. Third try, stolen once more. Fourth try...are you kidding me? Where's the ghetto Erin that I used to know? And finally, my fifth attempt was a success.
As I turned to continue on my route, I couldn't move (yes, there were that many people) so I ditched my cart and shoved my way through the crowds. Minutes later, my vision was finally blinded by the toys that were piling up in my arms. I found a friend and threw the toys in her cart. I couldn't believe the madness. It's amazing how greedy us Americans can be just to save a few measly bucks. But I have to tell you, it was exciting. I'll never forget it :) Thanks Lynette for opening my eyes to this CRAZY tradition!
On Saturday, we went with the Watts' to yummy Litza's Pizza for dinner then headed off to see the lights at Temple Square. Love that place and the bonus was that it actually wasn't that cold.
We finally got all of our Christmas decorations up this weekend. I can't believe it's already that time of year again. My favorite is our village. This isn't all of it (I couldn't fit it all in one pic), but here's part of our Main Street. I just love miniature things...the little houses, little people, little trees. So cute.
I LOVE this time of year and I'm so happy that the wonderful holidays are here!
7 comments:
Oh you so know you loved that shopping craziness! You are going to go next year with me too! Isn't it just so exciting! Thanks so much for helping me get all of my toys and getting that tramp in the back of my car - SOmeone should have been taking pictures of us! Good times and thanks for the fun filled weekend! Love you guys!
PS your village rocks! I one day want my halloween village to look like that. We have got to find you guys a ski lodge!
That little village is so adorable! How long did that take to set up?
Hi Erin...yep, I'm still here. Just haven't been blogging lately cause I kinda have a love hate relationship with my blog. But I still LOVE yours! Okay...too funny we went to Litzas and the lights on Saturday night too with friends. Sad story though...Litza's had a 45 minute wait so we went somewhere else. I love that place!!!
Let's play soon!
I couldn't stop laughing imagining you plowing through the store with all the other crazy shoppers! Oh you are brave! I LOVE your village. It's so beautiful.
Love your Christmas village. You and Lynnette are so brave to have gone to black friday that early and wake me up at 5:00AM. Just kidding!! I was already ready to head out myself. Glad to hear you got what you wanted.
Thanks again for shopping for me. You really could have called me and I would have helped out. Maybe next year. I was up anyway with one of the kids. My sleep filled nights are pretty much over for a little while. It was fun seeing you at IHOP and Litzas...if you want to hang out with us, just tell us - you don't need to follow us around :)
Post a Comment