Our Christmas festivities started at a dinner party with our friends' the Watts and Davies. I forgot to take pictures but we had so much fun talking, eating, playing games and somehow getting a bowl game in (where Jake is, sports are). There was only one problem: while Lydia, Lincoln and Madelyn were playing Lydia and Lincoln slammed right into each other...SO HARD while running! After about 20 seconds of crying, the blood started pouring. Lydia's nose hit perfectly into Lincoln's forehead. It was so sad to watch knowing there was nothing I could do to take the pain away.
Here's Lydia's nose the next day, swollen and a tad purple.
(that's not a shadow either; it really bruised up the whole left side of her nose and all the way under her eye)
Christmas Eve with the Johnsen Clan
Every Christmas Eve, our tradition is to get together with Jake's immediate family, which consists of more than 35 people (I know, big family). And all of us weren't even there this year!
We dress up, eat, chat and have a program where each family does a performance of some sort.
We watched piano performances (not Lizzy and Lyd's, I just thought it was a cute bff pic), people sang songs, but Jake and I decided to, once again, poke fun at the family by playing a game of Jepordy. We got some good laughs; we had a great time.
Every Christmas Eve, our tradition is to get together with Jake's immediate family, which consists of more than 35 people (I know, big family). And all of us weren't even there this year!
I've been waiting for this day ever since I knew Lydia was getting her car. She walked down the stairs and just stood there, not knowing what to think. She finally warmed up to the idea that this car was actually sitting in her living room, so she got in...and NEVER got out.
She opened every single one of her gifts in that car. She refused to get out.
SOOOO HAPPY!
Larry had a good time as well. He got more gifts than Jake and I combined. Spoiled dog!
SOOOO HAPPY!We've had a nice break so far and will be so sad to see daddy go back to work. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
6 comments:
her sweet little face makes me want to cry! That poor little thing.
Good times at DC! Love that the dads got into it more then the kids!
hilarious!
i am SO sorry about her little nose and eye. i feel so bad! i hope she is doing ok and i am glad to hear she its not hurting her. glad you had a good christmas. dinner was fun, thanks for coming.
Oh that nose is bad! That makes me so sad, I hate when kids get hurt. I love that she opened all her gifts from the car...how funny is that?! Well now that you have Rock band I am inviting myself over to jam at your house!
I saw her poor nose at church so sad. Sounds like you had a great christmas!!Glad she likes her car we may be getting Jordan one for his b-day!!
It looks like you guys had a great Christmas. We need to get together. I am glad Lyds loved the car. SO cute!
YOU TOTALLY SCORED AT YOUR HOUSE FOR CHRISTMAS PRESENTS!!! Party at your hosue!!! (smile) You will have to do M is for "music" and we can all come over and play with your playstation!!!
Post a Comment